Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

A bunch of the starting areas are garbage, you can tell they learned their lesson with Field of Bone.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of the starting areas are garbage, you can tell they learned their lesson with Field of Bone.
Compared to Everfrost, Field of Bone is like easymode on steroids. But newb zones shouldn't be user hostile, so that's more a comment on Everfrost than FoB.

I loved WFP+EC & GFay+CB on live, here I don't care for either. If I made an untwinked toon now it'd probably be in Qeynos.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

I really like the starting area of Erudites. Erudin/Paineel and Tox are very atmospheric. Grobb is probably the worst.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

The first character I made was a Half Elf Druid and after running out of Surefall a Gnoll pup killed me. the zone was pretty full so it was hard to find spots to level (everyone was a druid). I keep blowing plat on weapons and armor that I couldn't use so I was always broke. I started grouping with a cleric and wizard and they out leveled me as I kept dying being their "tank". Eventually I deleted that character and moved to another server.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Toxx is the only newbie zone aside from misty thicket that I thought you could gain coin fast enough to buy all of your spells as you level.

Everfrost sucks, but for a first timer to EQ that is an awesome starting point/journey to the rest of civilization.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

On live in 1999, the very first character I made was a Barbarian warrior. This way my first 3D MMO and was coming from the UO overhead view perspective. Didn't know anything about the con system. Just remember running into that maze getting lost over and over and getting killed by everything. Swore I was going to uninstall and try returning the game the next day.

The next day I gave it another try and rolled a monk in freeport. 15 years later and still playing haha.

Worst for a true noob...Halas.

Best ones, Freeport and Kaladim.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

I think Qeynos is far and away the best, mostly because of all the unique items you can easily get at low levels from small quests and "rare" (not really that rare) drops in the catacombs. Also gnoll fangs are absurdly good xp.

Toxx is my least favorite because I would never want to hunt Kerrans (but Paineel/Warrens is actually pretty good when Warrens opens up), and with Qeynos right next door, it's hard to justify staying in Erudin. The only downside to Qeynos is how isolated it is from the rest of the world. I wonder if they can stick a druid ring in Jaggedpine if/when they ever open that up (the Surefall Glade one wasn't super helpful for letting evils get nearby).
Old 07-10-2015, 05:15 AM
Fire Giant

Never understood the hate for toxx.

Some realy good money quests.

1. Quellious temple bone chip quest done repeadly nets you some gold , bags , spells (cleric levle 1 's) and some rawhide armor. If you cant do the quest creat a cleric of quellious and drop bonechips bags in a safe spot and load cleric to turn in bonechips. drop all the lots in bags and log in main guy and sell. walla some plat 8)

2. the cap quest you get the caps from the kobold scouts turn them into heretics pets are the hut by river net gems 2 Silver to 20 Plat. chance at magical nifty looking shield.

3. Poacher heads quest Gold spells chance at some tattered medium sized armor.

Expierence:

Move across the river near or around the paineel and you find mobs ranging from 6 to 9th level. Snakes , Spiders , beetles.

Overall a very nice starting zone

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 07-10-2015, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

East commonlands.

Full of people that need massive twink/buff crutches to badly play a low level character. Auction spamming.

Lacks character of the epic , desolate Everfrost peaks, the scary Feerrott or jolly Misty Thicket (sitting on the edge of being overwhelmed by goblin invasion).

For 1-5 North Ro is pretty sick. Decaying skeletons galore, get kitted out in a set of cloth, loot a rusty 2 handed weapon and 1 hit kill xp mobs, loads of cash loot.

Once done head to EC to buy a new weapon with money then head to kaladim to turn in bone chips then begin crushbone!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never understood the hate for toxx.

Some realy good money quests.

1. Quellious temple bone chip quest done repeadly nets you some gold , bags , spells (cleric levle 1 's) and some rawhide armor. If you cant do the quest creat a cleric of quellious and drop bonechips bags in a safe spot and load cleric to turn in bonechips. drop all the lots in bags and log in main guy and sell. walla some plat 8)

2. the cap quest you get the caps from the kobold scouts turn them into heretics pets are the hut by river net gems 2 Silver to 20 Plat. chance at magical nifty looking shield.

3. Poacher heads quest Gold spells chance at some tattered medium sized armor.

Expierence:

Move across the river near or around the paineel and you find mobs ranging from 6 to 9th level. Snakes , Spiders , beetles.

Overall a very nice starting zone
I will have to check this out next time I play. The only time I tried making an erudite was during classic, I couldn't see shit got lost and died.
Closed Thread