Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was one of the reasons I started this thread. I want more pop so the devs will hopefully open up more servers.

Perhaps people roll here, see blues current status, and end up quitting?
You do realize that "more servers" is just a different way of saying "more content instances", right?

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the "OMG instancing is the worst thing ever!!!!!!!!!" people have never had that particular epiphany.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want to kill dragons and gods and receive epic loot? Come to P99 where you just have to spend 16 hours at your keyboard tracking every weekend for half a year for your chance at that encounter and special items.*

*plus hundreds of hours building your character to the point you can be allowed to wait at your keyboard.
Lol bullseye
Old 07-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was one of the reasons I started this thread. I want more pop so the devs will hopefully open up more servers.

Perhaps people roll here, see blues current status, and end up quitting?
I'd certainly say I play less than I did a couple of years ago. The cleric solo guide I wrote is nearly unusable now (on blue at least) due to the population growth - was a time when you could solo mobs in Unrest, have your pick of spectres in Feerott, etc etc.

Much more camped all around now. Not a bad thing, but its tough on the raid scene at the top end.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

So far, the general consensus is the difficult start up hampering P99s growth. We need permission from Day break for a link to DL the titanium client
Old 07-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

People grow up.

Your average 1999 EQ player I would imagine was a 16-24 year old male. Fast forward 15 years. Now that demographic is 31-39. Even shifting my estimate in either direction you end up with more people having wives, kids, houses, and more responsibility at their jobs than they did 15 years. Each of which can be an enormous time investment to maintain. All of which your normal person value above Pixels/EQ.

Due to this there is likely a very big faction of those 300,000 subscribes who simply do not have the time to play EverQuest again. And there is also likely a subset who don't have the time to enjoy it as they were able to back when 12 hour playing sessions were typical and staying up until 5AM drinking Surge was a Saturday night.

That's not to say there aren't 30 something's with families on P99, it just requires more of a balance to be an adult and grind EQ hardcore like they were used to. Which does lead to a lot of players on P99 being casual 3-4 hour a month players. This is why you tend to see so many "which class can I solo on". People with variable play times like to be able to sit down and get things done without waiting on or disrupting a group by your abrupt camping in and out as life requires.

I do also agree. A Titanium Client download from Daybreak would help. But I'm unsure how much they want to help us or whether they just are fine with tolerating us.
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-05-2015 at 09:09 PM..
Old 07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Kunark for 4 years is hampering p99 more than anything.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

I don't buy the "I'm an adult now" pitch. Every adult has personal time, and it's up to him/her how they spend it. We need a way to show them the path of the holy that is project 1999.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't buy the "I'm an adult now" pitch. Every adult has personal time, and it's up to him/her how they spend it. We need a way to show them the path of the holy that is project 1999.
Give everyone a laptop and cell dongle too, so they can play at work and in the bathroom.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give everyone a laptop and cell dongle too, so they can play at work and in the bathroom.
Now we are talking! Where do I sign up for my free laptop? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Want to kill dragons and gods and receive epic loot? Come to P99 where you just have to spend 16 hours at your keyboard tracking every weekend for half a year for your chance at that encounter and special items.*

*plus hundreds of hours building your character to the point you can be allowed to wait at your keyboard.
I don't know how anyone on the blue server could possibly think more players on the server would be a good thing.

I mean all guilds on the server already zerg the content in a non developer envisioned manner due to their huge rosters of nerds available at a moment's notice 24/7.
Closed Thread