Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

I have to admit every-time we kill some GG its because of Colgate's AoN. Even when hes not online we channel its delicious dollar sign power to victory.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Aviak

long live el presidente for 10 million years
Old 05-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

Name change is arbitrary i would say, but thats only my uninformed opinion. Unless you got evidence Syft you should STFU about Colgate getting special treatment because he corrupts the staff with money. Thats the kind of shit Eunomia should be dealing with, banning Syft in-game, not late hour chit chat...
Old 05-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I will say is, zerging was meant to be a viable way to play the game, not the only way to play it. EQ PVP was not meant to be played in One out of 100 Zones every sunday.
You need to look at it the other way around. Intentional or not, the game design makes zerging a viable strategy. In fact, it makes it the easiest strategy. Which means you're reliant on people, as a whole, to choose the harder path. That's pretty much why it will never happen here unfortunately. I'm a prime example. I'm married with a kid and a more than full time job. I don't have time to fight uphill both ways like I did back in 1999. I'm also the target demographic for this server.

This server has, and likely will always be, a herd of sheep like myself being lead around by a few neckbeards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AoN
The item is dumb. There are so many easy ways to fix it (make it non drop, add a casting time, add nameplates). It should be changed and anyone who argues with you on this point is wrong. I could give a crap about a grown man paying money for an elf sim item though. The better question would be why don't the guilds keep better track of them considering they are the biggest ticket item on the server.

Quote:
I hope you guys can find a long term automated spawn system. As we've told you a million times, this box will flourish.

Signing off, Lite.
I understand why you want to change the end game. It becomes an impossible barrier to competition. No guild has ever been unseated from power here without GM intervention. The barrier will only grow larger in Velious. Maybe it's time they try some things out in the few months we have before Velious hits and see if they make the server a better place, it's not like this loot will make any difference in 3 months anyway.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

If this isn't a troll - best of luck to you.
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name change is arbitrary i would say, but thats only my uninformed opinion. Unless you got evidence Syft you should STFU about Colgate getting special treatment because he corrupts the staff with money. Thats the kind of shit Eunomia should be dealing with, banning Syft in-game, not late hour chit chat...
Colgate must suck like a $1000 hooker too inspire such loyalty. Look, I get it. You make friends here, and even the folks running things here have to have friends too. This is a free server, and on one hand, you can understand wanting to do things for your pals by giving preferential status and exclusive access. On the other hand, you should at least understand how some would be a little pissed-off that there are favored people here who seem to get away with far more than other people who get banned for far less.
Arthos-Paladin
Planar Protector

So what exactly are you quitting over? AoNs needing a nerf and AoN RL money trade?

Why now? Was this not an issue before?
Old 05-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Colgate must suck like a $1000 hooker too inspire such loyalty. Look, I get it. You make friends here, and even the folks running things here have to have friends too. This is a free server, and on one hand, you can understand wanting to do things for your pals by giving preferential status and exclusive access. On the other hand, you should at least understand how some would be a little pissed-off that there are favored people here who seem to get away with far more than other people who get banned for far less.
When i was in Nihilum, i criticized xp loss in pvp on the forums because it meant nobody would come in Fear to challenge us. Thats the kind of "loyal" person i am.

Im loyal to no non-sense. If he has evidence, present it. Or else stfu about assumptions of Colgate keeping his name because hes paying the staff.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what exactly are you quitting over? AoNs needing a nerf and AoN RL money trade?

Why now? Was this not an issue before?
Didn't quit before because there are ton of people whom I am enjoy playing with here, and a general love for the game.

Unfortunately the standard has become recruit as much as possible. Skill, tactic, and friendship have very little to do with the game since everything is repetitive and predictable.
Closed Thread