Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzambar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having done the insanity workouts they are not really recommended as a first timer
I would start off with looking at your diet setting yourself a goal of 2000 or less calories a day and light cardio eg running or x trainer for the first month maybe 15 to 30 minute sessions each day
That will improve your base fitness and stamina level to then try something like Insanity
If you have breathing problems the Fit test on Insanity will kill you

The best way to look at this is a lifestyle change not a fad diet or super workout your body will work best if you are careful about what you put in it and how you exercise it and surprisingly if you eat healthy and do moderate exercise your weight will drop easily and you will feel much more healthier

I have changed my lifer around in the last 2 years and shed a lot of weight so if you want any advise pm me

Is Insanity harder than P90x? I did that for about a week and a half. I did alright; semi kicked my ass.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

lol, so I guess we all need to go on a diet :P
Old 03-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Well I definitely do, I'm in the 205 range currently and only 5'11" so I'm close to obese as well according to this. The only thing I don't like about these charts is they don't consider muscle mass. I mean the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn doing nothing because it takes more for your body to maintain muscle than fat.

A few years ago when I was running Triathlons and lifting, I was at 185, but in the best shape of my life and actually had visible muscles. According to this chart however I was still overweight. Anyways, just don't forget to take into consideration any muscle gains you will have, don't make yourself look like a twig trying to hit that goal weight =)
Old 03-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

One of the big pieces of advise I had when I was losing weight was to not announce things ahead of time. For example if you're setting a goal for at the end of the week you want to lose 5 pounds don't post that to facebook. Instead wait until you get results at the end of the week and then post the actual results. It may seem like a tiny and trivial distinction but it really changed my entire motivation and kept me exercising.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 03-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the big pieces of advise I had when I was losing weight was to not announce things ahead of time. For example if you're setting a goal for at the end of the week you want to lose 5 pounds don't post that to facebook. Instead wait until you get results at the end of the week and then post the actual results. It may seem like a tiny and trivial distinction but it really changed my entire motivation and kept me exercising.
good thinking, but if I set a goal, then I will fear failure :P

so, my goal by summer is lose 50 pounds but I am going to go for maybe 2 or 3 pounds a week
Old 03-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

It's not that you shouldn't set goals, I did it. I had this big white board on the wall of my exercise room and I would post in big giant letters my goal that week. The point is is that by announcing to your friends and family your goals you're already receiving praise and appreciation. Which, let's all be honest is great so I'm not saying that's bad but what I'm trying to get across is that you only want to reward yourself for actual results, not perceived results. Once you do that enough times you kind of condition yourself to work extra hard to post higher and higher results each time period you set.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 03-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Kobold

https://www.bulletproofexec.com Has the best advice...

But I'd recommend a Vegan diet, vegetarian at the very least.
Get more Omega 3's but not from fish, try Hemp seeds/chia/flax.
Cut out Canola oil also.

Also, I'm not a doctor.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Banned

I am healthy!

Yay.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Drink lots of water.

No soda.

No fast food / fried food.

Walk / jog on a daily basis, increasing the duration and intensity a little bit every week or every few days.

Also: yoga and stretching in general.

Would also strongly encourage you to cut caffeine out of your diet if you're highly dependant upon it, but I don't recommend it while you are transitioning your diet and introducing more exercise into your life, as you'll already feel quite tired throughout the day starting out without adding caffeine withdrawal onto it.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Banned

honestly don't even understand how ppl get fat/ugly in the first place if they abstain from all plebeian forms of beverage and stick to nonalcoholic water like a real human adult.
Closed Thread