Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
V36 comes with a Launch BAT file.

Also, the exe you're looking for is eqgame.
When I hit "EqGame.exe" an error window pops and tells me I have to run "Everquest.exe"

Edit: before I had do delete/reinstall all, my exe for EQ 99 was a blue Everquest Icon named "P99 by EMU" something like this, if I remember right this one was in the download from this page here back in the day. Now theres only the 2 .Exes in the Titanium folder: Everquest.exe (the one which starts the patching, and the Eqgame.exe (saying me I have to run Everquest.exe)...
Last edited by Raszul; 01-28-2015 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I hit "EqGame.exe" an error window pops and tells me I have to run "Everquest.exe"
Have to make a shortcut to it with the -patchme tag added to the end of the target path. That tells eqgame.exe that you have already patched.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Make a shortcut for eqgame.exe.
Right-click the shortcut and choose Properties.
In the Target field, add "patchme" (without quotes) to the end.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=164472

You need to go into your anti virus and exclude the dsetup.dll file. Also it doesnt have to be ISO just needs to be EQ titanium in whatever form you have it.
What he said. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a shortcut for eqgame.exe.
Right-click the shortcut and choose Properties.
In the Target field, add "patchme" (without quotes) to the end.

YAY finally! Thx a lot guys for beeing patient with me ^^

/close
Old 01-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YAY finally! Thx a lot guys for beeing patient with me ^^

/close
While you're at it, remove McShitty and install Microsoft Security Essentials. Then add an exception for the whole EQ folder. If you're running Windows 8, you already have Essentials (it's included in Defender) and there is no need to install any AV.
Rahvan
Old 01-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you're at it, remove McShitty and install Microsoft Security Essentials. Then add an exception for the whole EQ folder. If you're running Windows 8, you already have Essentials (it's included in Defender) and there is no need to install any AV.
^
What this guy said. Microsoft Security Essentials really does do a good job and makes it for a home user not to require anything else for Anti-Virus. Just stick away from all the illegal stuff on the internet and you will be just fine!
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 01-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Microsoft Security Essentials is surprisingly good , I stopped using others once I discovered how decent it was . With that and Malware Bytes your fairly covered.
Closed Thread