Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so epic quests aren't until velious?
Read the whole thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Epics come out a couple months before the release of Velious in case you are wondering.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

So wait, how is Paw and Kerra Ridge 2.0 different from what we have on this server?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait, how is Paw and Kerra Ridge 2.0 different from what we have on this server?
Paw is 2.0 because there is nothing left of the original Paw. There was no data available to duplicate it anywhere. The devs have mentioned this a bunch of times. This is due to the fact that the zone was changed so early in the life of the game before people were packet sniffing and creating databases for everything.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/ar...hp/t-1570.html

As far as Kerra Ridge goes I'm not sure. But thanks for reminding me that this is the only place left on the server that I have not visited yet! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by guineapig; 08-18-2010 at 12:37 PM..
Old 08-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Kobold

I miss it... =/

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Yeah, Kerra Ridge and Splitpaw have always been 2.0 here.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was thinking the same. It's amazing how much content they created in just seven months (unless they had separate teams working on kunark and velious). Look at Vanguard; it took how many years and $millions to get out what they launched? Sure the mechanics and graphics were great; but Vanguard was severely lacking in content. It just seems like the SOE team working on kunark and velious were SO MUCH more productive.

For the record, once I got over the absurdity of going to the moon; I quite enjoyed Luclin. In fact I enjoyed every single expansion SOE came out with; I only wish the expansions were spaced out several years between each; and I had an army of friends to experience that content with as it was intended; not after it was deprecated by newer expansions.
I think it was due to the fact that Velious didnt increase the level cap, add AA's, new graphics(though DX7 looked awesome), etc. They used a lot of the same creatures too.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it was due to the fact that Velious didnt increase the level cap, add AA's, new graphics(though DX7 looked awesome), etc. They used a lot of the same creatures too.
Plus they used less colors...

"Let's paint that blue and white... let's paint this white and blue... no no, lighter blue!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

If there was only a way to introduce beastlords and Vah Shir WITHOUT bringing in Luclin. I still wanna play as a kitty. But really hated the moon, it's zones, and obviously the Nexus and PoK.

In actuality, I hated every add on because the weapons that came with really fucked everything else in the game up for those who'd been playing since launch, and scratched and clawed to hit 50 with the weapons then available.

Alas.
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was only a way to introduce beastlords and Vah Shir WITHOUT bringing in Luclin.
Easy. Make a zone in at Stonebrunt near the Warrens. Just say their in Odus and not the moon. Bam, Lost Karren City, not Vah Shir.

Change the sky in the city to be proper.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

I feel The Warrens, Stonebrunt, and the Hole were planned for the original EQ, but fell through and were planned for later.

The Warrens and The Hole were underrated in their time. The Hole was a place you could take a casual guild to raid and come out with some good results.
Closed Thread