Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Project M server would easily be more than triple Reds population. Knowing that alone makes me smile.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Was cool.

The permadeath server deal they did sounded pretty cool too but I didn't get a chance to check it out before they closed it.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

ha never heard of the pdeath server, that sounds awful for eq

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

It was something like when you die you start over at level 1 but with all of your gear. The point was to see who could go the farthest without dying. Wasn't intended to be a long term thing, just to see how people would do. I think a guy made it into the upper 30s.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

i hope there is a classic EQ server for at least another hundred years
Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was something like when you die you start over at level 1 but with all of your gear. The point was to see who could go the farthest without dying. Wasn't intended to be a long term thing, just to see how people would do. I think a guy made it into the upper 30s.
oh i do remember it now, yeah it was just to see who could be the last man standing kind of deal. cool idea though id start a new server like this just for laughs, even make it red!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Project M was very short duration. There were a ton of bugs iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ha never heard of the pdeath server, that sounds awful for eq
That was The Discord server which was a promo for Gates of Discord expansion obviously. Only ran for a few weeks or so. The server concept was actually a ton of fun, xp was boosted substantially to offset getting put back to level 1 on death. Unfortunately it was a nightmare to play on once the hackers started flooding in with the use of a pretty popular offset trainer that was making the rounds back then. A decent number of people were still using dial up back then too and would pull the phone cord to warp/ghost to safety if they started losing.

It could be a TON of fun if they decided to host a server like that here with the anti-hacking measures they've developed, just as a couple week or month long promo or something.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

i could definitely see our devs implementing these features once velious is done and the server is caught up to luclin.

would be a nice break from the 6-7 year grind, i can't believe the servers been out for 5 already!, to make some "throwaway" servers where they wouldn't have to do any csr or bs just make the server and let us run to the last man.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Fire Giant

Loved project M. most of the monsters i spawned where all in newby ground and you would quickly get killed by PC. The one i enjoyed the most was a Lizard shamy i got to spawn as once in Rathe mountains. I level that thing to level 6 before a higher level toon found me in the paly area and killed me while i was fighting a skeleton.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 04-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Aviak

Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep I remember this clearly. I was Wikybus Bastard the gnome mage who made it to lvl 41. It was PVP FFA, if you died the person who killed you could loot all your items except for no drop items. It was a great time and definitely kept you on your toes because no matter how you died you became level 1.

The discord server, I remember it coming out in roughly the winter of 2003.
Last edited by Corro; 04-12-2014 at 12:47 AM..
Closed Thread