Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is known
Old 03-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes that's definitely part of it.

But 1-2k is pretty reasonable for just using your own OT hammer for 1-2 to proc and get 10 feet from the turnin mob...
Since the OT hammer price was stable at 5k for years before dropping to 3k, I'm going to say that this is mostly wishful thinking.

Also, I don't even bother to sell them any more, even when people ask.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Value is shared between capitalist and worker :P

Hahahahahahahahahahahahnaha FUCKING. WHAT. That's some serious EQ sperging, holy shit

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 03-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since the OT hammer price was stable at 5k for years before dropping to 3k, I'm going to say that this is mostly wishful thinking.
Naw not true, I was in a guild that's disbanded that was doing them for 2k a couple of years back. If you paid the "tourist" price, then lol.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw not true, I was in a guild that's disbanded that was doing them for 2k a couple of years back. If you paid the "tourist" price, then lol.
tourist trap $$
Old 03-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

also to everyone saying you need to do it 65 times to "break even"... you realize you still have the strings after that you can resell for essentially the same price you bought them for.

Its pure profit. In the height of the population I would sell 10 of these a day, my necro would be perma parked in OT. hammer thread is legendary
Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also to everyone saying you need to do it 65 times to "break even"... you realize you still have the strings after that you can resell for essentially the same price you bought them for.

Its pure profit. In the height of the population I would sell 10 of these a day, my necro would be perma parked in OT. hammer thread is legendary
100% true. I'd sit back and applaud how many suckers that lined up to get a hammer.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Was a kick ass pally from Divinity that let me use his puppet strings for free!

Can't remember his name [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This was quite awhile ago
Old 03-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's pure profit that costs 300-500K to make money off of.

'It takes money to make money'

Each transaction is netting you 1%-2% return on your initial investment.

It's all about scale of risk / asset allocation. It is a slow-growth strategy that requires significant capital to get started.

You also risk depreciation of your asset, just the same way machinery is written off for depreciation costs.

Relinquishing the strings also negates your income source. People are paying for you to have your money non-liquid in items that generate money in a single way.

I'm not saying it's not a good strategy, and that the margins aren't great. I'm just saying that it makes a lot of sense. I'd wager that if strings charges sold for 500pp, the cost of the string would go down, significantly.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 03-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

Norden, where have you been? Did you quit?
Closed Thread