Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Is anyone playing on SWGEmu? I'm debating between DAoC origins and SWGEmu
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don't find this much different from live. To get anything good it was probably going to take a while to find. I usually would ask around.
Yes, but not nearly like what it is on the server. With every player have a merchant/artisan toon, it is inflated it a degree that was never the case on live where to have a crafting toon and a combat toon, you had to pay another $15 a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how the game was at Publish 13. The Jedi grind is subject to change after official launch.
Not saying it wasn't. I was saying that it was part of what ruined the game for many, seeing 30-40 Jedi standing around in Theed because there was no consequence for them doing so. I plan to play it after official launch, but not long after, as the server is going to get flooded with hundreds upon hundreds of Jedi, even though they should be an incredibly sparse group of people given the time era.

They did say they will make the code open, so hopefully we'll see some servers put real pressure on jedi inflation like SoE was too scared to do.

Quote:
It will be classic, set at publish 13, just before the Combat Upgrade.
But that is not now, and people coming through should be aware that what they are going to get is not a legitimate SWG classic experience, like we do with P1999. P1999, like SWG Emu, is still in development, but p1999 has Rogean/Nilbog that push for as close to a classic experience as possible while in development.

Secondary point, there will be server wipes to SWG Emu in the future, so don't get too attached to your stuff. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All around still enjoyable, but people do need to know that right now, it isn't complete, and unlike P1999's incomplete state, it isn't classic SWG incomplete, it is a very different monster altogether.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 02-11-2014 at 08:24 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Kobold

I think I found it projectswg.com,, question ,,, the server for swgemu never officially launched ? I'm confused by te first post ,
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I found it projectswg.com,, question ,,, the server for swgemu never officially launched ? I'm confused by te first post ,
It is in development. So, not everything is done. The official "Launch" is just referring to when they finish developing the game. You can play it now while it is in development, like P1999 isn't technically done with development.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 02-11-2014 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

isn't it swgemu.com?
Old 02-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isn't it swgemu.com?
Yessir!

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Banned

I thought i had read theyd never wipe again, did they go back on that
Old 02-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought i had read theyd never wipe again, did they go back on that
There is one wipe left, that will be just before the official server is being released.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 02-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Kobold

is there guilds, raiding, etc in swg? or pvp?
Old 02-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

oh there is gonna be wipe? interesting, didnt know that.