Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Banned

Why does anything have to be wrong with the server for me to want a new one to start over? I don't think much is wrong with this server, and if so I 100% agree that it will only happen again.

There is a majesty that comes with a new server starting up at this level (pre-kunark) and being able to start at the beginning with everyone else.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

That "majesty" is there because it is fleeting.

It is often missed by many, because it is fleeting.

So it goes.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Hmmmmmm a few things wrong with this thread, and I think some of the reasons why devs arent responding go as follows.

1) It is expensive to run / own / operate a server capable of handling up to 1000 players online simultaneously + zones + content. ( DDOS days anyone? )

2) When I first started on this server, peak hours had roughly 300 people or so. Regarding the legality of the server, it seemed to be kind of a grey area at the time. If Sony Online Entertainment noticed, the general thought was that they just didn't care if a handful of people played some 11 year old emulated version of the game.

3) If a second server was started, and we got roughly 1000 players on each server (p99 just keeps growing exponentially as word of mouth spreads) I think there would come a time where where Sony would be like, hey WTF guys, 2000 x 15 dollars a month = ZOMG /sue /shutdown.

and finally

4) The devs operate this emulated version of EQ in their spare time, it would eventually grow into a full time job if they dont pull back on the reigns a bit lol...
Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Oh, and yes, it is getting quite crowded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Plus everyone knows the good camps vs. the waste of time camps, not like back in the day in EQ when no one had a clue and FoH were posting shit on Alla's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Aviak

OP just leveled too quickly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP just leveled too quickly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Old 07-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.popick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would really appreciate another project 1999 pre-kunark server. I have a level 50, and there isn't much for me to do. The top guilds are always fighting for spawns, and all of the lguk/solb spawns are always taken. The majesty is really kinda gone. Plus I got a late start, and never got the chance to camp items like DE mask / manastone / rubi, which is exactly the situation I was in with Live. I just started a little too late. Anyways just a thought. Maybe take some stress off the first server, and make things a little more enjoyable.
As Rogean/Nilbog has stated before this will never happen unless someone takes the initiative to make it happen on their own. Even then it probably will have to be done completely independent of the entire EQ Emu project as a whole. They have no interest in seeing a second p1999 server open in any form whatsoever.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

What if there was a server that reset everything back every month? How many times could you stand lvl 1 to 6? Or hell lvls? Or killing the same stuff? PVP might work, but I think it wouldn't bring in the numbers.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngorDrakan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if there was a server that reset everything back every month? How many times could you stand lvl 1 to 6? Or hell lvls? Or killing the same stuff? PVP might work, but I think it wouldn't bring in the numbers.
In other words what if there was a server that sucked and no one liked because it was a terrible design?

No one would play on it...
Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

I think having a classic server that related to leveling/mobs/npcs but changing up the zone layout with new (later expansion) zones would be a great experience.

Imagine zones like Crushbone..same mobs etc but with a totally new layout..or even Mistmoore using Dreadspire as the zone etc..
Closed Thread