Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Orc

Actually he started when it was one month in. I had leveled with him at level 10 in Crushbone.

Now hes 50, and I'm 31. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Stamina loss was just removed. So now your warrior can wield those 2 handers at a lower level and do extra damage without losing stamina. My warrior now can wield the 2 handed sword without any loss and a 30+% damage gain over the 1 hander I had to use when my stamina got too low. My monk can now also dual wield 2 cracked staffs with no loss.

Things are getting easier. Don't leave too soon.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior is a raid class... if you dont want to main-tank for a raid guild, don't roll a warrior.
Actually I think this has as much to do with the proliferation of casters as the difficulty does.

Aside from that, just wanted to say that I really don't want to get on the OP's case here. As I mentioned, I tried playing a warrior on live in 2001 (I think Velious was out), made it to 31, then got frustrated and rolled a caster. So, it's something that's happened before, at least.

I actually only ever met one guy who leveled to 60 on a melee untwinked. At one point, I had been able to actually afford an FBSS with funds from my wizard, so I went to revisit the melee. Turned out this friend of mine had no haste at 55 or so, so I took it off my twink and gave it to him. I wasn't worthy.

My other friends played druids, wizards, and enchanters. A couple of guys played melees early on, but wound up quitting.

I guess my point is that it seems like the situation here isn't all the different from what it was on live.

BTW, if any non-twinked melee ever sees me around in game, feel free to ask for help of any kind. Bind, invis, duo, bandages, whatever. You're more manly than me.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

just make your own groups guys -- use the energy that you're putting into these long winded posts and focus it towards proactive group creation. If all you find is one healer and one melee, just duo places until you get more.

Turn that frown UPSIDE DOWN!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just make your own groups guys -- use the energy that you're putting into these long winded posts and focus it towards proactive group creation. If all you find is one healer and one melee, just duo places until you get more.

Turn that frown UPSIDE DOWN!
You don't get it. There literally was not 1 other person within my level range on the entire continent of Faydwer. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for bind wound to go to 100% or whatever other changes that could help melee classes solo.

I'm still playing my warrior don't get me wrong, leveling is just painful. It consists of me fighting a low blue con orc, then bandaging to 50% and doing it again. And this is with a fine steel weapon and full bronze that a higher level was nice enough to twink me out with.

I played live from the start so I know how hard some things can be, but if you ever realistically want this server to be as popular as other emu servers you need to make it more newbie accessible.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

no I think that it is you who do not get it
Old 11-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Unless you have something constructive to add don't shit up my thread please.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

i already did twice sooooooooo, who's really the one not being constructive?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Aviak

You contributed platitudes Karsten.

Not even a criticism, but how much of your time was spent in sola after level 20? I hear a lot of people were in that place. Not like it would have been a lot of work to make a group.

Widan all I can tell you is go to Freeport if you are determined to play a melee class.

Right now you still see people in ooc about derv and orc groups. Then you can go to oasis or to Unrest. Then I'm not sure. In the old days you would have gone to highkeep or maybe to Solusek if you got to be about 30. Then on to guk.

In the old days there were s. karana treant groups and all sorts of stuff i don't think we'll see again.

Anyway good luck. If you want to see insanely easy leveling make a necro though. The one I have is only level 4, but since you can get a red pet it is even more overpowered than live. It is probably something I just play with at times though.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

you chose to read the platitudes that I added at the end of posts in order to demonstrate the silliness of the original whine. /shrug

I think that too much focus is put on "what other people did that i can't do now" such that it creates a self-fulfilling prophecy for many of the people that would rather spend their time whining than leveling. For example, two assumptions about the way that I leveled were that 1. I started at day one on the server (incorrect, i started end of oct) and that I leveled up on gnomes in solA before the xp was nerfed (also incorrect, and actually the xp wasn't nerfed, it was just raised in other areas.)

Again, what it boils down to is whether or not a person wants to think proactively or whether they want to mire in mediocrity and look for excuses for already self-debilitating behavior