Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Reducing price to 100k. Open to trades and negotiations. Hit me up.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reducing price to 100k. Open to trades and negotiations. Hit me up.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Fire Giant

Old 07-24-2010, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that dude playing baseball in the snow with a leashed seal as a catcher?

Looks pretty awesome!

While we're posting cool pictures here's one!

Last edited by quido; 07-24-2010 at 04:38 AM..
Old 07-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take the SMR for example. About 8 people have been trying to sell those things for around 5-6k and none are buying. Soon you will see it fall low, and then i'll pick on up for about 3.5k lol
Meh, put mine up for 5k fixed on the forums, had a reply in a couple days. 5k's about the most I'd expect to get for it, but it didn't take all that much patience. Maybe the people you're seeing are trying EC on off-peak, instead of forums/peak EC. I actually never got 'round to sellin in EC before mine sold.

More on topic, what's the deal with BSH? It do better dps than medding/nuking or doting? It CERTAINLY can't do more dps than JBB, so there's one item that replaces it in a big way.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh, put mine up for 5k fixed on the forums, had a reply in a couple days. 5k's about the most I'd expect to get for it, but it didn't take all that much patience. Maybe the people you're seeing are trying EC on off-peak, instead of forums/peak EC. I actually never got 'round to sellin in EC before mine sold.

More on topic, what's the deal with BSH? It do better dps than medding/nuking or doting? It CERTAINLY can't do more dps than JBB, so there's one item that replaces it in a big way.
I say a shaman using it, at the moment, is the best DPS in the game if they know what they're doing. Yeah eventually in Kunark it won't be so hot, but right now, it's badass. And yeah, it's kind of a niche market, but like I said, it's ridiculous anyone has ever sold it. Guilds should hang on to stuff like this. I'd be surpised to see another for sale before Kunark.

Think, a shaman can buff the hell out of himself. If you don't know, in addition to the stat buffs we hand out, we have a self-only buff that adds more to each stat in addition to providing more regeneration. Generally this much DPS is not required, but imagine a shammy with 255 dex casting Plague and E-Bolt, sending a raid-buffed hasted pet, and swinging this hammer proccing constantly. It's really really ridiculous.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Sarnak

I mean I think your ideal situation is a little unrealistic (raid-buffing pets, casting multiple spells on each mob) for a planar raid, but if it is the case that you outdps monks/rogues, you must be main tank when you do it =p No feign, no evade, and we both use them or end up tankin.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

Oh, another interesting thought occurred to me. JBB is 30 dps, so if you beat monks and rogues, you come close to beating the JBB. I'd think your pet would be less than 10 dps, so you'd be beating the JBB if you beat the best-geared monks/rogues. Certainly you would at 60 w/ BSH, if you beat monks/rogues.

Edit: 32.7 or so DPS on JBB.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

The situation in a raid really depends on who else is there. At a Vox raid I go healer mode and strap on all my lame wisdom gear and patch heal. If you're the only shaman, obviously there's not enough of you to go around to be swinging all the time. It's been my experience that as one of two shamans, you can swing occasionally, again depending. Clearly buffing your raid and debuffing mobs (slow, malo) takes priority over swinging a mighty hammer. And that's the thing - you're not always in 100% DPS mode. If we're clearing Hate/Fear, I'm not casting DoTs on trash mobs unless I feel like flexing a little bit and maybe KSing the kill group. Yeah, this hammer is the pinnacle piece in a ridiculous DPS package, but it can also be a means to generate a fair amount of damage free of the cost of mana.

When I first really put this hammer to use I changed my last name to Aggroripper. One debuff, let alone two, can easily rip aggro from a tank. Part of being a good shaman is gauging at which point you choose to slow/malo the mob. Clearly a blue revultant rat needs to lose more HP than a yellow mob to get you into the safe zone. There's times when you get lucky proccing and rip aggro without any debuffs. Well, shit happens. I personally think it is not a bad strategy to temporarily rip aggro away from the tank and eat some of the damage. Shamans have awesome HP regen, so that HP that we regenerate instead of getting healed saves clerics mana. Furthermore, I only swing the hammer when I'm at an acceptable mana level. If my mana is getting taxed, I'll pop a squat for a minute or two and build it back up. But in general, because of our HP regeneration and our ability to cannibalize (which I will often do between swings), maintaining an acceptable level of mana is rarely a problem.

Edit: I don't know the exact DPS I can generate. And yes, often it is burst DPS. I can't go all-out on every mob double-DoTing like a rogue can poking. But it is a serious amount of damage. Let me show you sometime =)

Also, this hammer is a great tool for powerleveling a twinked DPS class. Take a 20 rogue to SolA gnomes, tank and swing until you get a proc or two, own. A monk needs a few more levels but I've done both. I'm just saying! People gave me so much shit when I pieced together a dexterity set and started swinging. This is because people are used to Kunark. People seem to think everything in classic should be more like Kunark. "Sit down and med, SHAMAN! Know your place!" Yeah, this hammer at the end of Kunark isn't going to be what it is now. But in classic this is some serious shit. I'm not twisting anyone's arm to sell this thing. I think eventually someone will come along who sees the value of this item. If not, whatever really. It's not like I went bankrupt purchasing this thing.
Last edited by quido; 07-24-2010 at 07:34 AM..
Old 07-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

bump!