Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confirmed desperate to protect remaining brokerage business post-account sales ban.
confirmed mad
Old 08-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Orc

It def isn't happening in just OT. I've had to gate a few times from Burning Woods because I suddenly turn around and see a wall of incoming death thanks to some 60 Bards who are farming w/o respect for anyone else.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I must admit Overthere is a crap zone to level in unless you are doing faction work. I am not fond of Bards either but they do NEED to have a few places to do it.

Well as for some Bards PLing well Druids have been know to sort of take over a few zones. And they are damn good zones to level in. Doesn't make it any better but it is reality.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Bards take over OT (shitty xp zone) and Burning woods (which has 1 XP camp, the giant fort which is usually perma camped and left alone)

Druids take over Unrest. Pretty much the best xp zone for that lvl range. Where is the druid hate?
Old 08-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

I hate druids.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly are you being trained? Just curious as all the "camps" in OT are on the walls. Seems like odds of you running out to pull a mob and his train happening across you at that moment would be low.
He was standing in the middle of the lake in front of skyfire. Guess what he was doing? PLing
Old 08-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was standing in the middle of the lake in front of skyfire. Guess what he was doing? PLing
Haha!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

It's up to the people in these zones at legit camps to make clear what they are doing and their expectations. For example, if a 60 bard is PLing some 30s dude in FM and there is a group at the giant fort, it's not too much to ask that he dot every single mob he pulls so that when they path over fort, they don't all add. At the same time, people are fast to blame bards in zones where they simply got pathed onto by roaming mobs.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

If I understand aggro correctly, if a level 60 bard were to snare these mobs, they should never each touch anyone they roam by...unless the bard dies correct?

From personal experience, I've never seen a green mob in Overthere that I touched aggro another mob. Only I can aggro mobs by standing on top of them (sarnaks/tigers/rhinos) or intentionally hitting/snaring them...they never socially aggro each other if I run them through each other if they are all green to me. Therefore, I don't think there is a problem with high level bards accidentally stealing mobs. If mobs were stolen, it was usually intentional or by low-hp aggro, which I will touch on below.

To my first question, I've been under the impression that as long as the bard pulls a mob by aggroing it with damage/snare, it shouldn't attack other people it runs by. Has the recent patch changed how aggro works?

Furthermore, bards should probably just not run mobs through people. There is no reason a bard should ever have to run a train by the zone lines or zone walls. Heck, even bards running mobs through other bards' mobs drives people crazy because if any bard goes low hp due to getting hit or low-hp kiting, the aggro in the zone gets all funky and mobs all run at the low hp bard if he ran through others' mobs earlier.

Bards need to pay better attention if they see people, and people should watch out if they see bards. However, this takes diligence by both sides. However, bards probably have the greater power due to speed, so just don't run over people. It's really not that hard to control a train of mobs as a bard.
Last edited by zanderklocke; 08-17-2013 at 04:05 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

I think the training occurs when the bard is far out ahead and makes a turn. The train does not follow his exact path. It will cut the corner. So if there is a group on the inside of the bards turn the mobs will path over them. However, like I said before, in OT there are no camps other than the walls, and its not real hard to dodge a giant train you can see coming for miles.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]