Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

It is a possible tactic but kinda wasted. If you send it in at 49% your pet can finish the mob without your dots on it and you get teh xp. Better to just get an idea of how much damage pet does vs dots and figure out when/if you need to pull pet off before mob is dead. Would definetly wanna do it at the end though while mob is inclined to flee.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Large Bat

It may not be the best tactic, but I usually start the fight with snare, send pet, fear, then I stack up leach line, boil blood line, and refresh fear. Once the mob reaches about 25% I pull the pet off and let the dots finish the mob as they start fleeing at around 19%-15%. If the dots wear off before the mobs dies, send pet to finish. I'm only lvl 31 atm, so it may get more complicated once mobs HP get crazy later on.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Necro pet stealing your exp is an exaggerated problem. Once you hit level 24 it's nigh impossible for Jababer to steal your exp. Your nukes/dots get so much better that he won't be able to get 51% on you unless you have a ton of resists.

I want to say the pet exp nerf was put in for mages who just chained heals on their pet while they solo'ed red mobs during live. Necro dots are so efficient and pair so well with Fear that you'll never have a problem.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Go to unrest, you'll never level faster once you're 24+. Duo'ing with another class helps a lot too. Not recommended once you're 24+ though, they will only slow you down if you're worried about that. between pulling beetles and the zombie(undead shit) switch between your vs life and vs death fears, saves you a lot of mana. I never did it prior to like 36, but play with down-leveling your snare spell. Get your new hp to mana, it does make a difference.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It may not be the best tactic, but I usually start the fight with snare, send pet, fear, then I stack up leach line, boil blood line, and refresh fear. Once the mob reaches about 25% I pull the pet off and let the dots finish the mob as they start fleeing at around 19%-15%. If the dots wear off before the mobs dies, send pet to finish. I'm only lvl 31 atm, so it may get more complicated once mobs HP get crazy later on.
Exactly what I do at level 34, except I don't pull the pet. As Potus said, don't think
Jibber-Jabber can outdamage your 3 DoTs. Of course, I need to test it out with
the 34 pet spell which I don't have yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread