Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Kobold

Tangent: inflated prices can indeed be annoying, but not half as annoying as smartasses who /ooc stuff like "WTB whatever [seller] is smoking for asking that much." Newsflash, some sellers aren't playing every waking moment and are sometimes not actually trying to gouge people, but are taking their best guess (and I've seen plenty of price checks go ignored).

Bugs me to see people taking cheap shots at each other over pricing, when it's pretty clear the EQ economy rarely makes any sense and mistakes (high and low) are going to happen.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrilegious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of greed, where's my gear Wala!!? :P (: (;
Silly well I did tell you to remind me didnt I :P
Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by frefaln [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tangent: inflated prices can indeed be annoying, but not half as annoying as smartasses who /ooc stuff like "WTB whatever [seller] is smoking for asking that much." Newsflash, some sellers aren't playing every waking moment and are sometimes not actually trying to gouge people, but are taking their best guess (and I've seen plenty of price checks go ignored).

Bugs me to see people taking cheap shots at each other over pricing, when it's pretty clear the EQ economy rarely makes any sense and mistakes (high and low) are going to happen.
Completely agree. Let people sell things for whatever they want to sell them for. A note to people who /ooc "Random seller is retarded <Item A> isn't worth that":

1) You may be wrong, try a PC or keep an eye on pricing
2) They may not know, whisper them with what your experience/observations lately have been
3) They may know, and not care. I personally fall under this category. It is worth it to try overselling an item and not sell it for days to keep the market perception of its value higher so that when I continue farming the item the decline in price is not as severe even though supply is rising.

Let people play this game and get their rocks off (as long as it is not directly causing your gameplay experience to suffer) however they may desire. Insults in ooc over someones choice to sell an item at a certain price is immature at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by frefaln [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's all part of the auction game... taking a shot at getting the market price lowered by ridiculing enough people selling X at price Y and causing them to think they won't sell their shit at price Y. Which of course is the counter-strategy to the ol' "ask for price check and have a random buddy or two shout out some overpriced amount so your price seems legit" tactic trying to get the market price raised, or the newly-discovered "use the forums to perpetuate a false need for class Z on the server so all the rich, bored level 50's make alts of class Z and create a better market for all your class Z-usable shit for sale."

All part of the "a sucker is born every minute" game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Developer

I usually sell stuff for what I think is reasonable and it usually sells pretty quick. But I agree. A lot of stuff is waay overpriced.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually sell stuff for what I think is reasonable and it usually sells pretty quick. But I agree. A lot of stuff is waay overpriced.
For every overpriced seller, there is a ridiculous lowballer who is WTB.
No, you will not find someone to sell you a Dark Reaver for 200pp.
I understand if you're new and just starting out, but let's try and be realistic here.

What bothers me more though are the people that will shoot you a lowball offer of less than half your asking price, when they know full well what it is worth. I'm sorry if you're running around in rubicite at level 5, DWing Yak's with black sapp JC and an FBSS on, maybe just maybe you can pay a reasonable price for an item, port or rez.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For every overpriced seller, there is a ridiculous lowballer who is WTB.
No, you will not find someone to sell you a Dark Reaver for 200pp.
I understand if you're new and just starting out, but let's try and be realistic here.

What bothers me more though are the people that will shoot you a lowball offer of less than half your asking price, when they know full well what it is worth. I'm sorry if you're running around in rubicite at level 5, DWing Yak's with black sapp JC and an FBSS on, maybe just maybe you can pay a reasonable price for an item, port or rez.
Agree, Stop fawking telling me to port you for free when I am not offering ports in /ooc WHILE you are twinked out with something like 100kpp in items.

Seriously tho people /auc items at whatever price and you can send a tell and offer to buy it for less. Its not that hard and the worse thing that happens is the seller says no.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Banned

The server for some unknown stupid reason wanted to remove global ooc/auction.

It sucks but you just have to live with it, I stopped playing and giving away free items from that day.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prices are what the market will bear. You aren't required to buy everything listed, and I certainly wouldn't seeing as how it's overpriced by 25% usually.
Some prices are up (lol Dark Reavers) because of demand for the 30000 new SKs and SK alts rolled.

Know what to farm, and where to farm it, and you're just fine.
I disagree. No one's buying this shit. I'm seeing the same people selling the same crap over an entire week.

It also has a lot to do with supplying items that are in demand. Oracle Robe is a ridiculously easy item for a higher level player to obtain, with a static, guaranteed drop out in the open. I just spun around real quick in EC and saw about 7 people who would probably want to buy one, but I haven't seen one for sale in the past week. Just one example... constantly people WTBing a list of items and people constantly WTSing a completely different list. "Hey, I know you want Item A, but I can sell you the inferior Item B for 2x the price!"
Old 06-19-2010, 07:03 AM
Banned

It's still interesting though, as the server population grows and there are more and more lower levels, the server becomes increasingly unfriendly towards those new players only to turn a profit.

Back when the server was hitting 200s at prime time, I used to give away shit like batskull earrings on the regular. Now people are trying to sell them for 600p? Get the fuck out.
Closed Thread