Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds like a very solid method. Though you don’t need to min/max at EQ like this to get them. In my experience tracking method matters less (with Verina anyway) than your ability to FTE her FAST and survive until she’s down or your friends have shown up.
Minimizing time commitment can be important to people who value their time highly or have little to spare, but still want to maintain a link with the P99 biotope.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Camping verina was by far the most neckbeard thing I ever did in my whole life.

4.5 days into window , she popped at 5am.

Would screenshare to my phone anytime I wasn't watching , and had people take shifts while I was school / work just in case.

But by golly I got my book

Am I ashamed? Yes
Am I glad I commited and only had to do it once? Yes

Ask your friends to park a toon to help you if possible, that was key for me. Literally any 55+ toon will be a big help
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-29-2018, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. VT was the one time I did something for more than like 6-7 hours straight in EQ. IIRC my family was out of town for the weekend, and a few pals from The A-Team sat online in her room with me towards the end of a window doing trivia and taking turns being passed out until she popped and we texted each other and killed her. Fortunately I think we only spent about 24 hours on vigil.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-29-2018 at 08:19 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Banned

Man, this is some disheartening conversation.

I'm probably just not going to do this.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

...and to think this is considered one of the "easy-ish" epic is quite telling for a filthy casual like myself lol. what a crazy game we play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2018, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and to think this is considered one of the "easy-ish" epic is quite telling for a filthy casual like myself lol. what a crazy game we play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of encounters, it IS easy. The only multi-group content is Fear and Hate. There are no contested God or Dragon kills. The most contested parts are solo-able with good luck and/or good clickies. It’s just two incredibly long spawn windows that no reasonable person can sit through consecutively. I applaud those that have, but there is a reason 10 chanters all race to neriak after an earthquake. You’re more likely to get lucky in that circumstance and have someone that beat you to it wipe on a bad charm break.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How tough is The Tangrin (Field of Bone)? Any advice / required numbers / where to check if he's up?
I killed Tangrin at around 7:40 EST this morning so there is your timer. I solo'd it, and it wasn't hard at all but charm didn't break. If charm breaks, you're probably going to want Wand of Allure/Puppet Strings/really high MR to avoid the 12 second stun.

Trooper Taer with VOG/boon tore his ass up and had like 50% HP at the end of fight. The fight took ~5ish mins tho so I was pretty lucky on charm not breaking since after the fight Trooper Taer resisted mez and broke fetter after about 30 seconds so he has extremely high MR for a level 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, this is some disheartening conversation.

I'm probably just not going to do this.
Yeah, I'll probably never finish the epic. I started a long long time ago and have 90% of it, but I'll slit my wrists before I sock VT or VD or even sit there afk for days with GINA on. Just hoping to get lucky and happen to be in Neriak/Cab during an earthquake one day I guess, heh.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I killed Tangrin at around 7:40 EST this morning so there is your timer. I solo'd it, and it wasn't hard at all but charm didn't break. If charm breaks, you're probably going to want Wand of Allure/Puppet Strings/really high MR to avoid the 12 second stun.

Trooper Taer with VOG/boon tore his ass up and had like 50% HP at the end of fight. The fight took ~5ish mins tho so I was pretty lucky on charm not breaking since after the fight Trooper Taer resisted mez and broke fetter after about 30 seconds so he has extremely high MR for a level 50.

Yeah, I'll probably never finish the epic. I started a long long time ago and have 90% of it, but I'll slit my wrists before I sock VT or VD or even sit there afk for days with GINA on. Just hoping to get lucky and happen to be in Neriak/Cab during an earthquake one day I guess, heh.
There is some evidence that VT and VD can drop two wards/Rods... but it’s all out of era. There are even patch notes indicating they will only drop 1 set, but it’s all circa 2003. Might be worth digging. There is also some anecdotal evidence that it’s a smaller window. I am all in favor of trying to make the window smaller if someone can provide real evidence on the window. The only evidence I’ve seen that the window is 5 days (which is a bigger window than anything else in the game, I think) is the Diku write-up which Nilbong relied on in the spawn timer post.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just hoping to get lucky and happen to be in Neriak/Cab during an earthquake one day I guess, heh.
Put level 1 alts at their spawns to watch for them now and then. Maybe you'll get lucky. But I wouldn't bet on it :-/

On the plus side you can say/ooc/emote/whatever "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell." to trigger the gtt/Gina of all the worthless fucks who are trying to get the kill before you whenever you log on your level 1s. I know I do!
Old 04-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put level 1 alts at their spawns to watch for them now and then. Maybe you'll get lucky. But I wouldn't bet on it :-/
Yeah I tried this when I first started working on the epic. After a couple weeks of checking I said fuck it.

I figure eventually I'll get lucky and stumble into VT/VD or I'll just cast VOG forever. Clicky haste would be nice I'm sure, but it'd have to be something borderline game breaking, like clicky Boltran's, to really motivate me to dedicate the time to VT/VD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the plus side you can say/ooc/emote/whatever "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell." to trigger the gtt/Gina of all the worthless fucks who are trying to get the kill before you whenever you log on your level 1s. I know I do!
Lol I've thought about doing this when I was in Neriak doing Reaper/ IVU cloak turn-ins but never have, good to know someone is keeping people on their toes though.
Closed Thread