Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Default Just had Computer Taken Over

I don't know much about computers but I was just on, and someone took over my system and was messing with my computer faster than anything I've ever seen. Powered it down, Ran antivirus / Spyware and it came out clean, Is it possible that someone has found a way to use this file to their advantage?

Priscilla
Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicjoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know much about computers but I was just on, and someone took over my system and was messing with my computer faster than anything I've ever seen. Powered it down, Ran antivirus / Spyware and it came out clean, Is it possible that someone has found a way to use this file to their advantage?

Priscilla
This is enough for me to uninstall and quit for awhile.. until further notice and concrete solutions are found.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

The EQ Launcher has screwed my EQ up so badly. I think it's pretty dumb that everyone is forced to use the same UI, too. I cannot launch Everquest anymore because it just crashes now. Says:

"The instruction at 0x10001a26 referenced memory at 0x0000003c. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program."

I guess I will just reinstall and hope it works. Basically what the guy above me is saying.
Last edited by Wonton; 09-02-2011 at 08:29 PM..
Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

nothing to do with the launcher as i already stated in your technical disussion post, you have to change eqclient.ini or go into options and set your screen resolution to fix this
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Code:
#include <Windows.h>
// socket
extern "C" __declspec(naked) void __stdcall __E__74__()
    {
    __asm
        {
        jmp p[74*4];
        }
    }

Well DUH heres your problem........it should be

"C" __declspec(naked(Please)) void __stdcall __E__74__()

When you write code for a Living you have to beg or Purchase naked you cant just demand it!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Aviak

Nerds.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicjoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Priscilla
I seriously doubt this has anything to do with WSOCK32. It's much more likely that you have a hidden virus from somewhere else, or that you clicked on a .bat file or something that ran a script and it looked like someone was messing with your computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjolvar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is enough for me to uninstall and quit for awhile.. until further notice and concrete solutions are found.
You're dumb.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Aviak

I personally had no issues, no problems, none of my multiple antivirus software picked up anything while I was playing or otherwise. I am have trouble believing so many other people had so many problems with this. 5 computers in all with no problems at all.

Check out FatMagic's EQLite. It'll cut your P99 install down to 1.4gb
Old 09-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torin_Stormchaser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally had no issues, no problems, none of my multiple antivirus software picked up anything while I was playing or otherwise. I am have trouble believing so many other people had so many problems with this. 5 computers in all with no problems at all.
Same here, no issue what so ever. I actually feel like eq runs better becuase I have not had a client crash after the patch this was implemented in and also it's funny how after the suspensions people are saying all this stuff when the file was in long before then.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're dumb.
You're rude and probably 12 years old.
Closed Thread