Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2022, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Define clone. If you could provide a numerical range for each trait and a total number of traits, I could do the math for you =P
Well imagine there's a world with just 1 person in it.

Just 1.

And this person is you.

And you want some best friends to play with because you're bored and lonely.

There's two options available to you...

a) clone yourself so everybody looks, dresses, and acts identical to you.

or

b) subdivide yourself and give every subdivision of yourself a unique look and name to go with their unique piece of you. The closer you are to your subdivions the happier you all are and the further away you are the sadder you all are. When you're subdivions are happy you're happy when you're subdivions are sad you're sad and vice versa. This option also has technology that allows everybody to change the way they look and in this world you're the king and everybody knows it and is happy it's you.

Which would you choose out of the two optioons and how many of each clones/subdivisions could/would you make?
Last edited by Elfminster; 07-08-2022 at 03:39 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure it's unlimited. I wonder what music would be like if there were more frequencies we could hear.
As long as the one doing it keeps on doing it, right?

They didn't make Friends last forever though. They stopped it on purpose. They've done that with a lot of television series and the number 1 reason is to preserve quality. ie they ran out of quality ideas for the show so if they continued making episodes it would destroy their legacy because the new episodes would be crap in comparison.

These people can actually join forces and stop making things on purpose for whatever reason. It's obvious they're all friends.

They can decide not to make movies and music for you just like they did with Friends. They migt want to do something better with their time or spite you.

Heck, it could be a dude in a room in front of a pc running an AI script which creates fictional life like movie actors and one day he decides to just walk away from his pc because quality is obviously beginning to suffer now after all these years doing it and to enjoy life instead of making cartoons for you.

I mean, tbh, you are spoilt rotten with all these actors making movies for you. It's nothing special to you you're so used to it. Where's my next ironman movie? you ask everybody like a big spoilt baby as you suck on satan's nipple.

Far less movies at a much higher quality rather than lots of low quality movies is the way to go but they are cramming 'em in fast for some reason. They seem to be in a hurry. What's the rush?.
Last edited by Elfminster; 07-08-2022 at 04:15 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Think about how much people love buying houses today.

They invented the house 50,000 years ago.

Part of me wonders, if we as people have not changed at all, and the world changes around us.

Like if we erased all written knowledge the children wouldn't just know how to do rocket science because we learned it once before.

Everything around us changes, but we stay the same.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-08-2022 at 03:59 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think about how much people love buying houses today.

They invented the house 50,000 years ago.

Part of me wonders, if we as people have not changed at all, and the world changes around us.

Like if we erased all written knowledge the children wouldn't just know how to do rocket science because we learned it once before.

Everything around us changes, but we stay the same.
When was the wheel invented?
Old 07-08-2022, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder this a lot.

In startrek they watch Shakespeare, and I think that's someone's way of saying that entertainment will go bye bye in the future. All they listen to is classical music. [/U]
One episode, first season iirc, deals with a man who was cryogenically frozen during the 20th century, he is thawed and cured. He asked the Captain what they do for entertainment, such as TV. Which the android Data comments was a fad in the 20th century. Picard goes on to explain how "humanity has evolved" and they "work on themselves" with pursuits like you mentioned.

They do play some aggressive sports, such as Parises Squares, which have caused minor to life threatening injuries.

Some pursue Governance, other pursue a Military life (Starfleet). The only currency known is Latinum. It is never explained what other members of society do, for example in the future Earth scenes it is never explained how or why some members of society get better apartments, in better locations with better views. How they get their apartments etc, you just sort of assume it all works out somehow.

Edit: This was absurdly highlighted in the Picard tv series, when he visited the lady living in the a future trailer-park, she proceeds to shame him for being rich and living on a vineyard..

..in the future, with replicator technology that can create out of thin-air the very things she shames him for having. But no explaination why he has it and she doesn't. From what I understand from following the show and some of the books, her circumstances and lifestyle were entirely her own. Her complaints were not supposed to exist in that future.. because it was material complaints. Humans had "evolved' beyond the need of material wealth but they still had it ...

https://www.startrek.com/news/how-lu...-cultural-icon

Quote:
The journey to get Star Trek: The Original Series on television was a long and arduous one, but series creator Gene Roddenberry had help from an unlikely heroine. Without the help of this woman and her studio, the franchise may have stalled and never seen the light of day. And so, as we spare a thought today for “The Cage,” the original pilot for The Original Series shot on this day in 1964, we must also remember to think fondly of the incomparable Lucille Ball.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 07-08-2022 at 04:16 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One episode, first season iirc, deals with a man who was cryogenically frozen during the 20th century, he is thawed and cured. He asked the Captain what they do for entertainment, such as TV. Which the android Data comments was a fad in the 20th century. Picard goes on to explain how "humanity has evolved" and they "work on themselves" with pursuits like you mentioned.

They do play some aggressive sports, such as Parises Squares, which have caused minor to life threatening injuries.

Some pursue Governance, other pursue a Military life (Starfleet). The only currency known is Latinum. It is never explained what other members of society do, for example in the future Earth scenes it is never explained how or why some members of society get better apartments, in better locations with better views. How they get their apartments etc, you just sort of assume it all works out somehow.
Replicators sound better than supermarket shopping.

Where does all that stuff come from in the supermarket? If it can be put in a Walmart why can't it be put into a smart device?

I've got no idea why food costs money and you have to travel far for it.

Starfleet is military organisation. It carries weapons and interferes.
Last edited by Elfminster; 07-08-2022 at 04:28 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

red dead redemption should be an MMO change my mind.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
red dead redemption should be an MMO change my mind.
Easy, its developed for consoles... but then you might be referring to the corruption that is console-based 'MMO' gaming these days like Destiny.

Like a flea to be flicked.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
change my mind.
Whatever they give you they can snatch back or change for the worst so what's the point of buying and investing serious time in something like that?

I paid a large sum of money for Hellgate: London and they cancelled it after convincing me to buy it.

Same with Star Wars Galaxies.

If WoW drops below a certain subscription level it's bye bye WoW too.

The best universe is one which is not dependent on the stock market/popularity/banks for its existence so it can exist with just two people instead of needing millions to break even. A universe which is open 24/7, never gets boring, you can't be banned from it, and it can't be drastically changed. Something that's always there no matter what and free.

This half-life existence is the closest thing that I've seen to that. I've yet to see the sun nerfed or cancelled.

You know how i know they didn't go to the moon?

Because if they did it would be lit up like a rainbow flag in june and then after june it would have a budweiser bottle and sports highlights on it. Or worse, elon musk's face. They have dirty sticky fingers and they seem proud of it.

Are they proud thieves pretending to be angels or angels pretending to be proud thieves?
Last edited by Elfminster; 07-08-2022 at 05:07 PM..
Old 07-08-2022, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiz.zone/

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake1981; 07-08-2022 at 05:00 PM..