View Poll Results: Itemloot?
Yes 73 47.71%
No 80 52.29%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people said and continue to say the exact same thing about changes made to 99. in fact as i recall, a large portion of the community said the same exact thing in reference to p99 rolling classic in many respects.

as it turns out (now that i believe it has made itself apparent), people like a challenging game with alot of risk. lack of risk makes the reward pointless.
Item loot is a much more significant change for blue players then the random changes p99 has. I agree with you about the challenge, but we are in the minority, if we want a decently populated server item loot cant be in.
Last edited by Lawler; 09-16-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 09-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Ok. Bring out r99 with item loot. I don't want to be a pussy.

Just be ready for tons of rage quits and a casters majority.

My main reason for not being pro item loot is that it has more of a benifit for a few select classes. Casters will make up atleast 50% of the pop. Melees will be but a novelty.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Casters will make up atleast 50% of the pop
You might wanna rephrase that to convey what you actually meant. Caster classes make up 50% of the classes, so it's not like 50% of the pop would be surprising somehow. I'm pretty sure it's more like 70%+ on blue99 just because casters are easier to play. You mean casters would be the overwhelming majority with a huge advantage.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to trust that the devs can prevent MQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's reaching a bit.

lol wut
Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

You're doing it wrong. If you want to intentionally misquote someone to ridicule them because you have nothing more valuable to contribute with, you have to actually fabricate a quote that conveys the opposite of what they said. Failing to understand the what was said by person you misquote and thus producing a quote that has no context or relevance doesn't accomplish much.
Last edited by greatdane; 09-16-2011 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

The devs may seriously curtail third party program use, but will not stop it all completely, guaranteed. Any sort of advantage given to a small cheating minority = bad. I'm right. You're wrong. I'm sorry.

The only point of my post was to point out the irony of you telling me I'm reaching a bit, immediately before saying there will be 100% no cheating on R99.

lol wut
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't say there wouldn't be any cheating. I even said there probably would. The actual point is that it should be possible to keep it at a relatively low level, and that we can't really take things like that into consideration when determining (insofar as Rogean will hopefully care at least a little bit about what the players think) the server's ruleset. Note that I'm starkly against itemloot, but arguments have to be valid and reasonable. If we start getting into what cheaters can or cannot do, we can pull in just about anything as a pro/anti argument. So, for the sake of this argument, we have to trust that the admins can "prevent cheating" or we might as well argue that we should have non-classic follow-the-wavy-line tracking because cheaters will have even better tracking.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 red without item loot is p99 blue played by a bunch of scared little kids that accidentally turned in their book of discord.

i never thought id see so many people crying for a hardcore p99 red server while simultaneously crying not to lose their banded armors. whys everyone so scared? its just pixels.

p99 red without item loot should be more appropriately called p99 pink. gaping wide pussy pink.
I played VZTZ before and longer then about 99.9% of everyone who ever logged on that server. Now that I put that out there, I loved item loot and thought it was a super good time. It definitely had its pluses but it comes with its negatives as well. After playing both item loot and no item loot, I definitely will say that no item loot is the smarter decision for a realistic and successful server atmosphere.

I remember when item loot was in and I would slay someone, if they did anything or said something to piss me off I would blind them mid looting their corpse and slay them again so I could loot a 2nd item, or do things like delete my FBSS just to loot someone elses to piss them off.

It was a lot of fun but its just not realistic, saying that people are bluebie pussies just because they are making the logical decision to be against item loot is stupid. It's like saying sex is 10x better without a condom, well no shit but it just has its negative repercussions (granted she isnt taking birth control).

Item loot just creates a FPS EQ server with a super high turn over rate, and also attracts the worst of the worst when it comes to griefing. The comment about MQ auto bagging is VERY true as well, I didn't realize that was possible till way after item loot was over when someone told me. Anyways, who were you on VZTZ? Did you play after item loot? If so does that make you a pussy bluebie? just sayin' dawg
Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Item loot is putting a massive turd in the punch bowl
Old 09-17-2011, 04:54 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
p99 red without item loot is p99 blue played by a bunch of scared little kids that accidentally turned in their book of discord.

i never thought id see so many people crying for a hardcore p99 red server while simultaneously crying not to lose their banded armors. whys everyone so scared? its just pixels.

p99 red without item loot should be more appropriately called p99 pink. gaping wide pussy pink.
lol whatever. item loot is bad and you would know this if you played on a server with it. listen to rexx he made sense in his post please
Closed Thread