Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So there is less competition for the /list items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No! So maybe people online could actually play when they can log on...
But I see where you're coming from!
Old 10-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Kobold

The population problem will change overtime. Better too many now than too few later on. YMMV.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Yikes... What a bunch of mopey people.

EQ is fun as hell.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No! So maybe people online could actually play when they can log on...
But I see where you're coming from!
When you login your level 3 Druid and there is 60 plus in Qeynos start zone and not a mob insight in every direction I gave up.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymantle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you login your level 3 Druid and there is 60 plus in Qeynos start zone and not a mob insight in every direction I gave up.
Exactly my point! I cannot believe there are players that voted against the server split.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Hey man! Its been a long time! Maybe yur just all eqed out, and if so thats understandable. I had a nice palate cleanser of wow classic before green that reminded me why classic is so much more enjoyable to me (despite its many many warts). I think if i hadnt done that i wouldn't have it in me for green, but now im seriously worked up to play. Altho ultimately eq is just a game and when you're not having fun anymore its probably time to move on! Gotta ask yourself if rushing to maybe get a manastone or guise or whatever is really worth the nonsense

If you do keep playing tho drop me a message and lets group! That goes for you too lojik!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 10-29-2019, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly my point! I cannot believe there are players that voted against the server split.
Because this is a temporary issue. First, people will eventually spread out as they get into their teens, so overcrowding won't be as much of a problem. Second, we are going to lose a significant number of people form the server either way; some people are here just to experience the launch and then going back to Blue, some are here trying EQ for the firts time and will find they don't like it or would prefer Blue, some are coming back to EQ for the first time in over 10 years and will find they don't appreciate the grind once the nostalgia wears off, some are coming from Blue and will find they don't like the much slower grind without twinks and with huge EXP penalties that aren't in place on Blue. All of those people will account for at least a few hundred players which will leave within the next month or so.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
I didn't understand it either since they were going to merge them when needed.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
I do want them to enjoy it. There are just way too many people on green right now and it ruins the experience. I don't "want" anyone to not play or have fun, I just would not mind if people left.
Perfect amount of people playing. Its not as bad as you post here. I am pretty casual and I just hit lvl 10. Forgot how bad people are at this.. People not medding, pulling adds, ninja afking. Plenty classic. Also love the low lvl pop. It will even out when people move around on the curve.

I think you should give the server .. oh more than 72 hours before you consider it a fail..

I mean Blue has been up for what almost 10 years? I played on launch and this was much smoother. Even given all the info and practice we have had the past 20 years.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because this is a temporary issue. First, people will eventually spread out as they get into their teens, so overcrowding won't be as much of a problem. Second, we are going to lose a significant number of people form the server either way; some people are here just to experience the launch and then going back to Blue, some are here trying EQ for the firts time and will find they don't like it or would prefer Blue, some are coming back to EQ for the first time in over 10 years and will find they don't appreciate the grind once the nostalgia wears off, some are coming from Blue and will find they don't like the much slower grind without twinks and with huge EXP penalties that aren't in place on Blue. All of those people will account for at least a few hundred players which will leave within the next month or so.
Rogen said they could easily merge the two servers if population fell off. Where is the downside to a split?