Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When we were fighting Heresy on TZVZ and someone said "KILL REXX", nobody ever replied with "Where is Rexx?".
No wonder you quit. You can't kill Rexx.

Rexx why didn't you use your guise? or is did he make that up too?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're also acting like PvP is town based, like everyone is a UO house fighter or something? You don't need to do anything to guard faction on a Dark vs Light server. All the evils will congregate in places like Grobb, if a good team player wastes his time factioning his way up somehow, it's still just him vs 20x as many evils if he goes into that city. It's still a suicide run.
Rann Flamespinner called and said to tell you that you are clueless.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

racists

hardcoded teams would be lame, should be guild vs. guild.

i dont want to be stuck with fgts I cant kill just because we both worship Quellious
Last edited by naez; 04-01-2011 at 02:38 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
racists

i dont want to be stuck with fgts I cant kill just because we both worship Quellious
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
racists

This made me laugh so hard.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

ITT: guys whine and argue about bullshit a lot.

tl;dr for this thread:
Quote:
Now stfu. God damn.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good team:

karana
tunare
elrollisi
brell
mithaniel
tribunal
quellious
rodcet
prexus
bristlebane
sol ro

innoruk
bertox
rallos
cazic thule
veeshan

The only issue is every warrior and bard can choose Rallos Zek as a diety, meaning you could cockblock the good team by having halflings, dwarves, wood elfs, half-elfs, and barbarians go evil simply because they choose Rallos Zek which doesn't even make sense seeing as the evil team will be nothing but dark elf wizards and ogre shadowknights, so where would the evil halfling go level? He obviously can't level in misty, and most certainly cannot train in Neriak...

On the otherhand if it's "race wars" the evil team has a huge advantage by claiming two of the strongest warrior races, two of the strongest caster races, and their numbers will out-perform the good team by 3:1 ratios simply because no one wants to be a human shadowknight or wood elf warrior.

My solution would be to start everyone off in a "hub" like the tutorial and place a custom NPC at the spawn point which allows you to choose between "good" and "evil" so if I choose to be an ogre warrior simply for the bonuses and I want to be "good" I state that to the NPC and he tags me accordingly and gives me the surname "the Good"

At this point all you'd really need to do is refaction the cities guards/mercs/trainers to go along with those choices for example

Evil:
Paineel
Neriak
Oggok
Grobb
Freeport
Cabilis
Ak'Anon

Good:
Rivervale
Qeynos
Erudin
Halas
Felwithe
Kelethin
Kaladim

Depending on my choice in the hub I become either KoS to one sect of cities, and ally to the other. I then tell the flagging NPC where I wish to go based on my alignment and he transports me to a bind spot within my city of choice, I'm then bound and free to group and level with people that have similar alignment choices.
Last edited by Abacab "The REAL truth"; 04-01-2011 at 03:03 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab "The REAL truth" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only issue is every warrior and bard can choose Rallos Zek as a diety, meaning you could cockblock the good team by having halflings, dwarves, wood elfs, half-elfs, and barbarians go evil simply because they choose Rallos Zek which doesn't even make sense seeing as the evil team will be nothing but dark elf wizards and ogre shadowknights, so where would the evil halfling go level? He obviously can't level in misty, and most certainly cannot train in Neriak...

On the otherhand if it's "race wars" the evil team has a huge advantage by claiming two of the strongest warrior races, two of the strongest caster races, and their numbers will out-perform the good team by 3:1 ratios simply because no one wants to be a human shadowknight or wood elf warrior.

My solution would be to start everyone off in a "hub" like the tutorial and place a custom NPC at the spawn point which allows you to choose between "good" and "evil" so if I choose to be an ogre warrior simply for the bonuses and I want to be "good" I state that to the NPC and he tags me accordingly and gives me the surname "the Good"

At this point all you'd really need to do is refaction the cities guards/mercs/trainers to go along with those choices for example

Evil:
Paineel
Neriak
Oggok
Grobb
Freeport
Cabilis
Ak'Anon

Good:
Rivervale
Qeynos
Erudin
Halas
Felwithe
Kelethin
Kaladim

Depending on my choice in the hub I become either KoS to one sect of cities, and ally to the other. I then tell the flagging NPC where I wish to go based on my alignment and he transports me to a bind spot within my city of choice, I'm then bound and free to group and level with people that have similar alignment choices.
^^ This.

How much work would this be JW?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^ This.

How much work would this be JW?
Not a lot.

All you got to do is globalize a few factions, spawn a custom NPC with the flagging script, and have them #zone your character into one of the starter cities.

Probably would take like an hour to set it up.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Aviak

Abacab wins
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Rule 1-8 of Fight Club: Don't talk about Velious 2 weeks after Kunark release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
It's like a criminal who gets caught stealing and says the cop did something wrong by tackling him on the ground when he was trying to get away.
Closed Thread