Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SPaimming 9 roots til one lands. Meanwhile getting the shit beat out me, getting dispelled. Yay root lands time to star fire. Oh wait he pumiced the root while I was casting. /bendsover
Stop dreaming, there are monks on this server with effretti standards and t-staves, you wont be able to channel through the first root, much less the 9th.

And if a rogue is on you, you will be dead before you finish trying your 2nd root.

And if a warrior is on you, they will keep you interupted too. Or maybe they will have mercy on you and stand there and let you go oom casting starfires on them to take them down to 50 percent hps..then they will kill you.

(but they are all underpowered, they need CC immunity NOW!)
Old 09-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

I love how gmr or other mr buffs aren't being factored. Learn to pumice roots. Get jboots. Non pet casters aren't going to interrupt your pumice.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Banned

Lots of hope coming up for Searyx's monk. Can't wait for his autobiography of his life and times soloing to 46 as a monk and getting shit on.

You realize people enjoyed PvP and were fine with it in a classic system. You realize item loot can work on a server? You realize that its retarded to wear literally max MR gear in every slot and have a chance to get rooted for full duration? You realize a melee assist train on a rooted person means they are highly unlikely to dispel it?

I'm just going to lump, oh maybe this entire server except for someone I hated for a long time in the "we like single pulling with invis / broken necro heal mechanics / charmed Sirran in sky" crowd. What a joke. All shit like this does is make it an ez-to-play-WoW game that disgraces classic Everquest.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

no offense but root should land more than that, yall are fucking crazy didn't you guys play pvp on live, on RZ root was never that difficult to land- I'd say it was like 8-9% with that shitty of mr
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of hope coming up for Searyx's monk. Can't wait for his autobiography of his life and times soloing to 46 as a monk and getting shit on.

You realize people enjoyed PvP and were fine with it in a classic system. You realize item loot can work on a server? You realize that its retarded to wear literally max MR gear in every slot and have a chance to get rooted for full duration? You realize a melee assist train on a rooted person means they are highly unlikely to dispel it?

I'm just going to lump, oh maybe this entire server except for someone I hated for a long time in the "we like single pulling with invis / broken necro heal mechanics / charmed Sirran in sky" crowd. What a joke. All shit like this does is make it an ez-to-play-WoW game that disgraces classic Everquest.
agreed this shit needs corrected
Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

I thought this was a classic Everquest server? When did it become the arm chair retard pvp design lounge?

You have a guy who plays a wizard voting on classic (why this is update for debate is directly related to the devs listening to idiots) mechanics.

Assertion 1: There should be item loot.
Response: You want that because you play a wizard!

Assertion 2: Root should not land.
Response: Durr it landed on live! We had epic slap fights in Paludal Caverns where we spilled each others drool cups.

You guys will in fact see balance swings from casters to melees. I won't use it as a way of trying to prove I was right or wrong about anything. I'm just saying I told you so.

There is one way to do this right, classic style.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-05-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Old 09-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

How about this....

Fucking deal with it.

The end.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Platinum jacinth ring 14
Platinum jacinth ring 14
Wolf eye golden bracelet 7
Wolf eye golden bracelet 7
Shiverback hide gloves 7
Pearlescent mask 10
Tranix crown 20
Fingerbone hoop 5
earring of essence 10
Sarnak emblazoned tabard 10

Total mr: 129(monk starts with 25 mr?)

So I have to wear all that to get 94% resist rate? dayum I pity the monks not able to get 80% of these items. I feel like its quite ridiculous that I have to wear 10 pieces of decently hard to get gear to achieve those results. This means my strenght/other resists are crap just to be able to resist the CC spam.

If you're available, lets try this with you casting root and snare on a player 7-8 levels higher than you!

I'd like to reiterate how dumb this is, lets say a necro lands a 1min root on me. He has a pet -- I'm a sitting duck for 1 minute unless I waste a pillage wand on myself or miraculously I'm able to dodge a pet's attack for 3 second and get a pumice off.

Theres no wonder theres barely any melees on this server. Its not fun.
Know how I know you're a blubie, and way out of your element?

Seriously, this is not a PvP server, this is a server for people who don't, and have not ever understood PvP.

Imagine, a PvP server where you need to wear resist gear, instead of your PvE gear - outlandish.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Except he has access to all this gear. I can't wait for him to get a tstaff and shit all over you, root or no root.

Wait till he comes through with his tstaff, fungi, and full resist gear, all droppable that is of no risk to him to use and just shits on all of your guilds of the month.

We'll be back at 9 population in no time folks!

As for Supreme, how many rowing oars have been broken prying you out of bed? Be quiet. People in the know are trying to save your box.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-05-2012 at 12:43 PM..
Old 09-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Oh look, another thread complaining about how screwed up resists are/item loot/<insert random bitching here>. OP showed that resists are working as intended. If you cant pvp because 1 out of 12 roots land, maybe you shouldnt be playing on a pvp server.

tldr; You're doing it wrong