Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which system will you be playing Mass Effect:Andromeda on?
PC 13 76.47%
Xbox One 2 11.76%
PS4 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

This is an EA Game (Bioware is just a sticker), why is anyone surprised about day 1 DLC and cash grabbing?
Old 03-30-2017, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

skip it? heard the crafting sucks

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-30-2017, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

i never purchased DLC. butt I don't really do consoles much either. i don't fella play games I guess if I honest :c last console game i play was eso and d3 (awful once you realize you only think you having fun playing with yourself) before that. best console game i play in last 10 year is Eternal Sonata. it super good :3 i realized a long time ago that i just don't enjoy games without other people. i feel like I'd rather write or draw or read or watch a show than run around pressing buttons if i not with someone. I fine pressing buttons though if someone else pressing with me /shrugs

does this game have multiplayer?
Old 03-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i never purchased DLC. butt I don't really do consoles much either. i don't fella play games I guess if I honest :c last console game i play was eso and d3 (awful once you realize you only think you having fun playing with yourself) before that. best console game i play in last 10 year is Eternal Sonata. it super good :3 i realized a long time ago that i just don't enjoy games without other people. i feel like I'd rather write or draw or read or watch a show than run around pressing buttons if i not with someone. I fine pressing buttons though if someone else pressing with me /shrugs

eternal sonata really? omg melon. did you play it coop?
Old 03-30-2017, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ur a good person.

Yeah I think more people are enjoying premium TV series over these games.

Just installed Might and Magic 6.

Holy good game and nostalgia rush. This is the game that got everyone interested in the marketing for an open world MMO (EverQuest immediately followed after people had just completed this game)

Try it out. The sense of character development and roleplay is amazing in it. As another guy said "it's on par with Skyrim if not better"

Avail on steam as bundle or GOG/pirate

Old 03-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ur a good person.

Yeah I think more people are enjoying premium TV series over these games.

Just installed Might and Magic 6.

Holy good game and nostalgia rush. This is the game that got everyone interested in the marketing for an open world MMO (EverQuest immediately followed after people had just completed this game)

Try it out. The sense of character development and roleplay is amazing in it. As another guy said "it's on par with Skyrim if not better"

Avail on steam as bundle or GOG/pirate
I never quite saw the appeal of Might and Magic, but Heroes of Might and Magic (3 specifically) is one of my all-time favorites
Old 03-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Banned

hmm3 is dope. what's the hmm where ur in the windows maze screensaver walking around in 1st person with random encounters? is that 6? that one's gay. wrpgs are gay.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never quite saw the appeal of Might and Magic, but Heroes of Might and Magic (3 specifically) is one of my all-time favorites
Might and Magic 6 was a legit critically acclaimed classic that marked the final renaissance of Western RPGs. And to a lesser extent the followup part of the storyline continued in MM 7 is as well. After that, nobody cares.

anything before 6 is trash.

appeal? risk/reward heavy heavy sense of danger (scary as fuck to be honest, spine chilling, eerie, ethereal, all at the same time), exploration (cant do this in any other game to the same extent you can in MM 6/MM7), massive world with no quest marks or map indicator, character development of the best of its kind. unrivaled outside of Skyrim which is not technically as good.

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-30-2017 at 06:25 PM..
Old 03-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might and Magic 6 was a legit critically acclaimed classic that marked the final renaissance of Western RPGs. And to a lesser extent the followup part of the storyline continued in MM 7 is as well. After that, nobody cares.

anything before 6 is trash.

appeal? risk/reward heavy heavy sense of danger (scary as fuck to be honest, spine chilling, eerie, ethereal, all at the same time), exploration (cant do this in any other game to the same extent you can in MM 6/MM7), massive world with no quest marks or map indicator, character development of the best of its kind. unrivaled outside of Skyrim which is not technically as good.
"immersion" trash if ur trolling me with the skyrim refs I'm taking the bait family

hmm3 was actually fun. it was a game. not some gay thought experiment immersion demo.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

forgot how downright scary and terrifying just being outside the city is, or even INSIDE the city....there is no protection. if you fuck up an overland battle or get in over your head your dead. too much stuff to list really.

Most modern comparison I'd give is Dark Souls. Which tried to capture a lot of what MM6 was but they are a completely different in a lot of ways. The danger and adventure, itemization, skill development system, character development systems, exploration, upgrades are all stuff that Dark Souls fell short on.

also a storyline that wove mideaval fantasy with a 16th century monarch with a rival interstellar alien race (WHOOPS SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!) with eventual laser guns (SPOILED) and advanced technology? yikes kids dont know what they are missing today.

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-30-2017 at 06:35 PM..
Closed Thread