Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why? What's so bad about them? I think they add a whole new level of character development to the mix, not only allowing you to fine-tune your character the way you want it, but also giving you something to grind for at max level, so experience doesn't get wasted.
If I'm not mistaken, there was no AA cap?
So it wasn't really fine tuning so much as grinding until you had all of them.

/shrug
Old 11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im pretty sure Rogean ripped out all the AA stuff. so that wont happen.

why did luclin ruin EQ?
gay character models, check
gay horses, check
story that had NOTHING to do with norrath, check
Nexus/easy travel, check
gay bane weapons, check
vex thal not working at release, check
bazaar to kill all real player merchants, check

and lastly,
retarded ass cat people on the moon, check
retarded easy beastlord class, check

pretty certain you'll see custom content before you see Luclin.
Ągreed with you on most of the points you make except for the Bane weapons, Horses, and that beastlords were easier then any other solo class in the game.
Also, cat people were already in EQ prior to luclin.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Banned

there was an AA cap, not sure if they got rid of it in later xpacs though
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emphase [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there was an AA cap, not sure if they got rid of it in later xpacs though
There was a cap to how many unspent aa's you could have which was i think 15 at release then got bumped to 30 later on and then just recently with latest xpac to 50 after level 90. But there was never a cap on how many aa you could spend if you earned them. There were level req for some aa's.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree about Luclin. I think that Luclin is the expansion that totally screwed everything up. I mean come on, cats on the moon?
Luclin was a phenomenal expansion some of the best raids ever are in Luclin. Also, it had really engaging and fun dungeons to crawl through and alot of solo content. Zone design was really good looking too, If you so an entire expansion sucked because of a single race model...you are playing the game wrong. There are also snakes on the moon. There are lizards on a Kunark.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Luclin was a phenomenal expansion some of the best raids ever are in Luclin. Also, it had really engaging and fun dungeons to crawl through and alot of solo content. Zone design was really good looking too, If you so an entire expansion sucked because of a single race model...you are playing the game wrong. There are also snakes on the moon. There are lizards on a Kunark.
Must agree .. I would love to see Luclin on the server, the only thing I dislike is the jump in gear, making old world "almost" obsolete, anyway, it was the start of the end but certainly, you cant blame AA's, cats or beastlord class form eq being whats its today. Also the Lanscapes on Luclin where totally beautifull ..great design.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was a cap to how many unspent aa's you could have which was i think 15 at release then got bumped to 30 later on and then just recently with latest xpac to 50 after level 90. But there was never a cap on how many aa you could spend if you earned them. There were level req for some aa's.
Aye the AA cap atm though is I think is 1k unspent and 5k total?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Ripped out code can always be ripped back in. I do it all the time. Diffzilla ftw.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Agree with sirken on pretty much everything. To luclin's credit, it had some very pretty zones (katta castellum was my favorite).
Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

We play on a nostalgia server that doesn't have a constant stream of new players. Add in AAs and the population will flood the 50-60 zones instead of keeping the lower level zones filled with alts. With empty newbie zones, we'll get less new players and eventually this server will dry up and die. AAs might be cool, but ultimately would damage the health of the server.