Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatz01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great insight guys.

Next question - as a shaman, particularly when soloing 50+, is it challenging to break camps?

Assuming you have something where there are 3-4 LB mobs. Do you root? A big part of soloing, especially the "Big Game" such as Frenzy, disco, efreeti etc (Which some of these may or may not be soloable by a shaman) is being able to break the camp alone.

Is this something a shaman can do well? Or are you looking at gating out half the time to retry?
Easiest way to break a camp like that is to send in a pet, have him get aggro, and start rooting mobs/pulling mobs off him one by one. The pet will die, but you can then take out the mobs individually, keeping them rooted and killing one at a time.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gear worth putting on a shaman is generally kinda expensive. Gatorscale leggings are respectable and soloable in your low 30s I think? Cloaked Dhampyre in MM is about the same, maybe a little higher, and drops the Hooded Black Cloak which will you last you awhile. There's some nice cheap things you can buy like Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (200-250pp) and Golden Jade Bracelets (50pp). In Karnors you can pick up Jarsath Scale Gauntlets and Legs for free. Dusty Rusted Vambraces are usually cheap (200) but people never loot them to sell usually since they're so heavy. If you're going to solo a lot though your money is probably better spent on a good melee weapon until you can finish your epic. Otherwise, save for expensive high end stuff (spells, JBB, fungi).
Great info thanks. Right now I just bought my level 9 spells and I am completely broke so it will be a while before I can buy even the cheaper pieces, but as long as I know where to camp I don't mind trying to get the drops myself.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Karnors you can pick up Jarsath Scale Gauntlets and Legs for free.
Don't expect to wear these if you're Toll or Ogre though.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a different note, if you parse a level 55+ monk with a T-staff at 28 DPS, either you're counting time he isn't dealing damage (pulling, etc) or there's something wrong with your monk.

Danth
*shrugs* that was the average of a couple hundred fights. on individual fights DPS ranged from ~16 to ~55.

might make a difference that the 55 monk from my guild is relatively new to the high level game. the TMO alt monk i grouped with in Disco the other night averaged 36dps.

using GameParse v1.0.3
Old 03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
How is the life of a shaman?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If you decide to go troll I highly recommend going with cazic as god choice for clickie undead fear, as it will be super easy to solo slow moving undead like spectres, especially if you are like me and can't yet afford fungi/ epic mq/jbb.
No, this is short sighted if you plan to level a troll shaman. Innoruuk and snare neck, it comes in handy WAY more often.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Aviak

So I'm torn between iksar and ogre.

If I roll ogre, I'm going to insist on being shrunken at all times.

As I understand, shrink the spell is indoors only, but ant potion can be used anywhere correct?

Also, shrink lasts until you zone right?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Kobold

Something to consider regarding Trolls vs. Iksar: other than strength and stamina, the Iksar starts with better stats, including wisdom.

And you don't have to be a Troll.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something to consider regarding Trolls vs. Iksar: other than strength and stamina, the Iksar starts with better stats, including wisdom.

And you don't have to be a Troll.
There is only Trolls. In the rare circumstance that someone might even consider that a Troll is not the race for them, then Ogre would be the only other option.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Iksars do get a nice passive AC bonus, and look much more bad ass =P. Plus starting location (FoB) and the next all right around you (WW, LOIO, FM, OT), are all amazing places to solo as a shaman 1-40, easily. Not to mention those zones, especially the ones for the first 1-30 levels, are usually not as camped/crowded as places like Unrest/Oasis/MM etc. I think if your starting off on the server, with no items, no money and no friends. Iksar and Kunark are a great place to start.

But for a twink, or min/maxer, Troll / Ogre 100%.
Closed Thread