Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To sum up the Vallon Zek Dilemma: Only through the vehicle of soft-coded teams is anything but an overwhelming victory for evil team possible. Maybe most Red99 players want hard-coded teams because they hope Teams99 ends up a blue oasis like Red99.
So the only difference with VZ is that a different team won but they all ended up the same as here?

Sure sounds like soft coded teams will fix the problem.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

I think we need to get to the bottom of who has all these wts, wtt, lfg names. They sound cool and neat.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

OP is lead developer on EQ B rOWSER??????
Old 08-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm enjoying it on red. Just because you aren't doesn't mean you can call for a shut down.
Haven't played in two years. Not calling for a shutdown, simply echoing Rogean's sentiment that current Red players should be ported over to their preferred blue state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
until there is a plan in place to solve whatever you think the problem is, there is no point in pitching these extreme knee jerk actions.

the wipe it clean movement doesn't offer a real solution and should rightly be ignored until it does.
I don't play so I don't know or care what the problems are. This isn't a "wipe it clean" post, this is a "victor declared, move to Blue" post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the only difference with VZ is that a different team won but they all ended up the same as here?
On Vallon Zek, three teams won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is lead developer on EQ B rOWSER??????
Nope, I cannot claim that illustrious title. I am the leading Teams99 theoryquester, however.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

no idea who op is. going to throw Syft's name out there due to op's berger situation.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 08-31-2015, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zlandicar and Yelinak still up

Go get your sleeper keys
Basically this.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't played in two years. Not calling for a shutdown, simply echoing Rogean's sentiment that current Red players should be ported over to their preferred blue state.

I don't play so I don't know or care what the problems are. This isn't a "wipe it clean" post, this is a "victor declared, move to Blue" post.

On Vallon Zek, three teams won.

Nope, I cannot claim that illustrious title. I am the leading Teams99 theoryquester, however.
So if you don't play here, don't care or know what the problems are, then maybe you shouldn't be trying to solve them.

Also Rogeans forum quest bomb was legendary. Don't ruin it.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

1 year ago i was asking seriously for a wipe, nihilum got content blocked for real, empire is just a zerg guild cos they want to be that and play on a blue atmosphere, be it. Tbh velious is big enough and we got a lot of content in kunark and the old world to pick up gear from and make progress. Let em be ahead no prob really. Skill > gear anyway i tell u. By far
Old 08-31-2015, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
1. The staff does not want to run two PvP servers because Red is already lower population and has more per-capita pissing, moaning and petitionquesting than blue.

2. A defining feature of Project 1999 is character permanence, not ruleset permanence.

3. Rogean has already proposed moving the most populous guild on Red to Blue.

4. The dominant guild on Red has self-selected a Blue state for the Red server.

5. Rogean has resorted to non-classic content tuning to address this guild's actions.

Conclusion: It's time to sunset Red by permanently copying all characters to Blue. The involuntary modification of ruleset is classic as this is what happened on Tallon and Vallon Zek when item loot was removed.

One of the major roadblocks to Teams99 is the awkwardness of merging it eventually with the much-older Red99. It would turn Teams99 into little more than an opportunity to farm manastones, since teams characters would be merged with a server that had a head start of four years of Kunark plus Velious.

The age of the current Red server is closer to the age of the Blue server than it would be to any new server. Since Red has decided to act Blue, let them continue on the Blue server so that a new teams server can have its own history without the threat of being merged into a six-year-old server and having Teams characters rendered obsolete.
WhaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaa I got owned wipe the server clean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 08-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

It's time to sunset P99 as a whole. Was a good run, RIP.