Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And youre not lvl 50 yet, thats when the game start to suck balls.

Project 1999 will die out like every other game, it's already beginning when you look behind all the "w00t wez removez global chatz, LOOKZ ATZ POPULATION GOING UPZ"

Congrats, you only got more people boxing and more people quitting.

The GM's wanted to keep it classic so classic they shall get.
And your thought process flaw here is that you think we actually care about "opinions" that deviate from the focus of the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And youre not lvl 50 yet, thats when the game start to suck balls.

Project 1999 will die out like every other game, it's already beginning when you look behind all the "w00t wez removez global chatz, LOOKZ ATZ POPULATION GOING UPZ"

Congrats, you only got more people boxing and more people quitting.
Some days I find it's really a miracle that you haven't been banned yet.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some days I find it's really a miracle that you haven't been banned yet.
After looking up his IP history, I'm debating it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah my account is still around but I don't play anyway, maybe when kunark hits.

I'm a good boy in-game so dont worry. I help groups, give loot away and I don't camp overcrowded raid bosses.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Fire Giant

empiresmod for half life 2 used to be one of my favorite FPS games of all time. OF ALL TIME. And then I became a developer for it. Now I can barely stand to look at it. The only thing that keeps me going is forum drama.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm starting to think this way myself, although I have no good explanation for why none of these companies can make a decent mmo.

Here's some perrspective http://azaroth.org/2010/06/14/kevin-...-the-internet/

Azaroth is a dude that ran IPY, and old UO emulated server. I had a blast on that server. And I see how running one could be a pain in the ass.

Hell ya! I used to play on IPY, they made it the way UO should be played haha. Huge population too like 1000+ on at a time....I can't imagine the time commitment to maintaining it.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

I treat forum drama like work.
I pay very little attention to it and as soon as I get home and log in to EQ it is forgotten.

I have great guildies and have fun in game. The stuff on the boards has zero effect on me.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got a little anecdote back from when i worked as a QA for a Montreal game company.

We are working on a FPS game, i test the single player part of it. We wrap it up and we are switched to the multiplayer component of the game. We start playing and at my surprise and fellow testers' for major lols, i can just sit down at the other team's spawnpoint and headshot any player that spawns.

I do this for about 15 minutes and walk over to the guys that were already testing the multiplayer part of it. I say "Hey, so was a bug entered in the DB for that shit?"

And the guy tells me "Yea, they basically told us to stfu about it, we werent devs and we should let the devs dev."

"But.... headshots lol?"

So i enter the bug (everything is called a bug at that place, even if its not technically one) and the devs reply is to flag my bug with "Will not fix".

So whatever. We finish the game, it goes gold. Launch day. A shitstorm hits the forum "WTF HEADSHOTS OMG CAMPING AT SPAWN POINT LALALALAA"

And all the QA guys are laughing their asses off like... toldja.

So we spent the next 5 days working on a patch to fix this loophole with a big grin on our faces and after that devs got a little less uptight about the unwashed masses input into a game they didnt play themselves.
This sounds like a QA fail. You have a critical flaw in the system and no one escalated it? The devs said wontfix and you took that?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds like a QA fail. You have a critical flaw in the system and no one escalated it? The devs said wontfix and you took that?
You have to understand that when you sign a QA contract at the company i was working for, it explicitely states the job of the QA is to find bugs, not play amateur game dev. So its a grey Area, we pushed it as far as we could but ultimately the ball is in the devs court. Its not like i was going to lose my job over some overzealous dev who might have asked for our heads on a platter for "disrupting" the project.
Closed Thread