Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For individuals it is bad, but it is useful for the collective in terms of progression. One heavily outfitted warrior is generally more useful for progression than 10 with one item each ^^ It is effectively guild NBG.
I was an officer and stuff in Raging Fury, we were a top guild for years on live.

We did not have loot council nor did we need it. Our members had the common sense to know when to bid on items, and when to let them go to the warriors or rogues or ..

Loot council is a shit system, if it isn't corrupt, it at least indicates that guild members do not have the intelligence to spend DKP in the interest of the guild.

If you don't understand that gearing up class X so you can progress past encounter Y benefits everyone, you shouldn't be in a high end raid guild.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you disrespecting your own guild? Sounds like you're getting jaded
Welcome back from ur ban shithead. Just use the full quote next time and it should help alleviate confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was an officer and stuff in Raging Fury, we were a top guild for years on live.
Yea I've been a part of 2 different guilds on live EQ that were in the top 10 in the game at the time and was also in the top raid guild on my server for a while when I played WoW. I tend to gravitate to the hardcore guilds. I steered away on P99 cause I wasn't feeling the insane poopsocking required. But anyways ya BDA is the first loot council guild I've been a part of out of 10+ ultra hardcore guilds I've been in throughout various MMO's. If I had 1 complaint about BDA this would be it. Never really hid the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the system but the rest of the guild is cool so whatever I guess. Pros and Cons.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We did not have loot council nor did we need it. Our members had the common sense to know when to bid on items, and when to let them go to the warriors or rogues or ..

Loot council is a shit system, if it isn't corrupt, it at least indicates that guild members do not have the intelligence to spend DKP in the interest of the guild.

If you don't understand that gearing up class X so you can progress past encounter Y benefits everyone, you shouldn't be in a high end raid guild.
It is a rational system that allows a guild to advance on the backs of a few highly competent, well informed individuals filling the rest of their ranks with whomever rather than instituting a highly selective application process. Take you hardcore, casual-hating elitist retardation back to gradeschool, kthxbai..
Old 09-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a rational system that allows a guild to advance on the backs of a few highly competent, well informed individuals filling the rest of their ranks with whomever rather than instituting a highly selective application process. Take you hardcore, casual-hating elitist retardation back to gradeschool, kthxbai..
Who even are you? Loot council is inherently biased because human beings are biased. I was once asked why I don't trust loot council to do whats best and I thought about it for a second. The real reason is because I wouldn't even trust myself in that position. I would 100% unquestionably favor friends and people I like more than people I don't if it came down to it. That being the case I feel like it's unreasonable to expect me to trust a "council" of internet elves to be fair more than I trust myself to be fair. It may very well be true that giving all the best loot to the tanks/clerics and the same core group of people is what advances the guild faster. Loot council is very good for that. But it very quickly becomes tiresome to everyone that doesn't fall into those categories. Unless you're one of those people that doesn't care if they ever get loot but I think most people would agree EQ is one of the most loot-centric games there is. The entire point of the game is advancing your character imo. It's not a mystery why DKP and other variations of the same type system is by far the most used system in all raid guilds. Time/Effort = Loot. Seems very simple to me.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

I think DKP doesn't benefit a guild when it comes to progression, it benefits individuals which won't translate to guild success. If Necro McDbag stacks his DKP for all of Velious because he wants an Abashi, it hurts the guild overall because he isn't gearing himself and he's subpar in his role, and the pull team loses an Abashi for a monk.

Of course there's always controls in place like item restrictions for certain classes but that can be divisive as well. I prefer loot council, it's what I'm used to, it works for BDA as evidenced by our ability to survive over two different servers and 6+ years and our current success on Phinny.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Our current success on Phinny.
Phinigel is not a hard server to play on.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think DKP doesn't benefit a guild when it comes to progression, it benefits individuals which won't translate to guild success. If Necro McDbag stacks his DKP for all of Velious because he wants an Abashi, it hurts the guild overall because he isn't gearing himself and he's subpar in his role, and the pull team loses an Abashi for a monk.

Of course there's always controls in place like item restrictions for certain classes but that can be divisive as well. I prefer loot council, it's what I'm used to, it works for BDA as evidenced by our ability to survive over two different servers and 6+ years and our current success on Phinny.
I can understand this viewpoint but the guild is made up of individuals that want benefits too. To me it's no different than being the coach of a highschool basketball team. You have 1-2 kids on the team that you know if you pass them the ball at every opportunity it will be the best chance you have to win. But as we all know the game very VERY quickly becomes unfun for everyone else when the entire rest of the team is constantly just passing the ball to Jimmy. Some people are perfectly content just passing to Jimmy all the time if it means their team wins. Other people not so much.

Do you give Jimmy the ball all the time if it means your team wins more often? Or do you force the team to share the ball and let everyone have fun and play the game?
Old 09-14-2016, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Looks like we got ourselves a BDA coup / civil war going on here.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Kobold

@JCR4990:

How does it feel to not gain pixels due to the choice of class you picked when you started on Phinigel?

@Arsenalpow:

How does it feel that some members of your guild do not care about the groups progression to more meaningful content and are simply in it for themselves?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2016, 03:42 PM
Banned

I'm not fighting. I'm not mad at BDA or leaving BDA or anything of the sort. I disagree with how loot is handled and the subject was brought up so I responded. Nothing more nothing less.
Closed Thread