Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only listened to the first few seconds of Stewart’s question and got the gist of his argument

The explanation is the possibility of corruption. He’s saying doctors, psychiatrists, all these professionals signing off on something….but something that makes them money. In the case of gender reassignment surgery, a lot of money. Hormones = money for life

So there is concern that these professionals are acting in their own interests more than the child’s

Now this idea just came up and I still like to believe that professionals can act in the interest of their consumer and still make money. I know I try to in my job. But if there is corruption, if the professionals are pushing something that isn’t really what’s best for the kid, the consequences are serious and permanent. There has been some people on social media regretting transitioning on the net. It’s probably still a smaller number than ones that didn’t but for children we don’t know yet which may regret a medical transition years later, as this is still a new concept
I am imagining going in to the doctor and seeking a treatment for my kids problem

the doctor tells me “We have a treatment, and it works, but politicians deemed it harmful to children because there might be corruption. No, there is no evidence of that corruption. They are still looking for it, but in the meantime that treatment is banned.”

ahh yes, freedom of choice from republicans. The free market in healthcare. A wonderful system

plus I know there’s all the shit they didn’t ban based on that criteria which has nothing to do with their bigoted culture war agenda
Old 10-07-2022, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know Mitch McConnell isn’t gonna ban stock trading even if they get firm control of the senate
Its not about that dude.

Its about democrats being conditioned to just give up trying, and instead are manipulated to say "well a pig wont build a hospital, so why should I ask my ultra rich democrat senator."

They will never do any of this, as long as people keep unconditionally voting for them out of fear.

"I cant stop my democrats from being any different than the republicans, so instead I want to audit myself"
Old 10-07-2022, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am imagining going in to the doctor and seeking a treatment for my kids problem

the doctor tells me “We have a treatment, and it works, but politicians deemed it harmful to children because there might be corruption. No, there is no evidence of that corruption. They are still looking for it, but in the meantime that treatment is banned.”

ahh yes, freedom of choice from republicans. The free market in healthcare. A wonderful system

plus I know there’s all the shit they didn’t ban based on that criteria which has nothing to do with their bigoted culture war agenda
And I see it like

“We have a treatment. It is by far the most expensive option, and it will either fix your kid or destroy their ability to reproduce and permanently change their body in a way I cannot guarantee there is zero possibility they won’t regret later. But it makes us a lot of money. So how about we give it a shot”
Old 10-07-2022, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I see it like

“We have a treatment. It is by far the most expensive option, and it will either fix your kid or destroy their ability to reproduce and permanently change their body in a way I cannot guarantee there is zero possibility they won’t regret later. But it makes us a lot of money. So how about we give it a shot”
Would you expect to be able to reproduce later if you chopped off your dick and balls?
Old 10-07-2022, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

and I know it's like:

"I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING ESPECIALLY YOUR CONDITION, YOU ARE IN DEBT FOR LIFE, FUCK YOU, GET OUT MOST OF YOU GET OUT ONLY RICH WHITE PEOPLE ALLOWED!!! OH, ALSO BLM!! BLM AND PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 10-07-2022, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not about that dude.

Its about democrats being conditioned to just give up trying, and instead you try to ask "well a pig cant build a hospital, so why should I ask my ultra rich democrat senator."
I don’t live in California. I am glad there is more awareness that the Democrats do little to help the working class and poor. I do not believe calling or writing senators or representatives is an efficient use of time, that’s #RESIST garbage

I would welcome to ability to vote for 3rd parties but I am pretty sure my red state doesn’t even let them on statewide ballots, I don’t remember
Old 10-07-2022, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default eh whats the point

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2022, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

You know why nacey Pelosi, and all these corrupt Dems are are in office?

Because you're scared of republicans as much as they are afraid of muslims.

You know why the rail road workesr got 1 sick day they have to apply for 2 weeks in advance? Because a corrupt dem YOU put into the white house said so.

Do you konw why the executives of that same railroad made billions thisyear?

Because a corrupt democrat you put in office, gave it to them.
Banned

Quote:
I don’t live in California. I am glad there is more awareness that the Democrats do little to help the working class and poor. I do not believe calling or writing senators or representatives is an efficient use of time, that’s #RESIST garbage

I would welcome to ability to vote for 3rd parties but I am pretty sure my red state doesn’t even let them on statewide ballots, I don’t remember
Here’s an anecdotal example. My dad told me when he got on trt his test wasn’t low. He had seen an endocrinologist for a diff reason, and the dr mentioned it and my dad latched onto the idea

He got tested and the dr said he didn’t meet the medical qualifications for it to be covered by insurance (which are the qualifications to need it), but if he wanted to pay out of pocket for it, the dr would sign off on the treatment, essentially stating that he needed it

Dad since then has no regrets, let’s hope he doesn’t get prostate cancer, that’s the biggest risk

But this is less of a risk than gender reassignment surgery
Banned

Quote:
And I see it like

We allow 17 year old children to sign up for the military, that can destroy abilities to reproduce and permanently change their bodies

This also makes a lot of people money
Closed Thread