Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-19-2022, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your OPINION on other players does not factually make them a dick. Just because you think someone is a dick, doesn't make it true.
Who is the overlord of the official "you're a dick' tag?

I know you're campaigning desperately for the position, but failing miserably
Old 04-19-2022, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is the overlord of the official "you're a dick' tag?

I know you're campaigning desperately for the position, but failing miserably
Nobody. That's the point lol. Your opinion that someone is a dick doesn't make it fact.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if someone is sitting at a spawn. Buffing up for the kill. And you snake their mob that's not a dick move because FTE is a thing? C'mon bro, don't be a dense fuck or people will think you look like your avatar in real life.
Isn't it a sign of being sociopathic or narcissistic if you can't properly empathize with others? If someone can't see that that is a dick move, legal or not, they may need to consult with a professional.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it a sign of being sociopathic or narcissistic if you can't properly empathize with others? If someone can't see that that is a dick move, legal or not, they may need to consult with a professional.
People play video games for all sorts of reasons. One of the reasons is they get to do things in a game that they can't do in real life, because there aren't consequences.

Do you think anybody who plays Grand Theft Auto is a sociopath, because they ran someone over with a car? Of course not, they are doing it in Grand Theft Auto because it allows them to play out fantasies that most people realistically have, without actually hurting people.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it is a fact, and an easily provable one[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Playing video games is an opt in experience. By opting in, you agree to the rules of the game. As long as people are playing the game, it isn't a dick move. Why? Because you have agreed that the rules are fair by opting in.
If you don't think your actions and behavior in a video game, even when following the rules, do not impact other players' perceptions of you as a person, you've got a lot to learn, my friend.

You can't tell other people what is and isn't a dick move to them after you do it. The judgement has already been made. The best you can do is understand that it would be considered a dick move, even if not specifically prohibited by a ruleset, and choose to be the better person and not do it.

Your responses tell me you either don't care if people think you're a dick or not (i.e. sociopathic behavior) or you are incapable of determining what is a dick move towards others if it's not specifically prohibited in the rules (i.e. other mental problems I am not qualified to diagnose.)

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2022, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't think your actions and behavior in a video game, even when following the rules, do not impact other players' perceptions of you as a person, you've got a lot to learn, my friend.

You can't tell other people what is and isn't a dick move to them after you do it. The judgement has already been made. The best you can do is understand that it would be considered a dick move, even if not specifically prohibited by a ruleset, and choose to be the better person and not do it.

Your responses tell me you either don't care if people think you're a dick or not (i.e. sociopathic behavior) or you are incapable of determining what is a dick move towards others if it's not specifically prohibited in the rules (i.e. other mental problems I am not qualified to diagnose.)
I never said actions don't impact perceptions. The problem is you assume people playing a video game care. Some people play video games to escape the real life requirement of having to manage your perception to others.

You can simply play the game as intended, and not have to worry about it. If other people claim you are a dick because you are playing the game as intended (which you agreed upon), that is honestly a you problem, no the other person you are accusing.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The problem is you assume people playing a video game care. Some people play video games to escape the real life requirement of having to manage your perception to others.
Correct, and those people are considered sociopaths because they refuse to empathize with the other human beings all over the world with feelings and aspirations and emotions they share the gamespace with.

This is exactly the mindset that breeds toxicity here and it needs to end.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2022, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct, and those people are considered sociopaths because they refuse to empathize with the other human beings all over the world with feelings and aspirations and emotions they share the gamespace with.

This is exactly the mindset that breeds toxicity here and it needs to end.
This is wrong. You don't have to be a sociopath lol. People play video games because they are easier than real life. Why do you assume people play games to put up with the same bullshit they have to in real life?

Are you the type of person who thinks anybody who plays Grand Theft Auto is a sociopath? Because playing Grand Theft Auto factually does not make you a sociopath. No studies have shown this.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nobody. That's the point lol. Your opinion that someone is a dick doesn't make it fact.
People aren't just saying "you're a dick" for no reason

Behavior is the determining factor

Hope that helps
Old 04-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People aren't just saying "you're a dick" for no reason

Behavior is the determining factor

Hope that helps
Yes, the people who are calling Seal Team dicks are behaving quite poorly. Glad we agree!