Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retti_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They cried because they were finally contesting dragons and wanted to use their last years worth of sky dkp on loot
This seems about right, although there is a little more. People in Dentists assumed they were better than the average Azrael and for this were more deserving than the average Azrael for gear/loot. This rubbed a lot of Azrael wrong. This same exact behavior happened in reverse when Force and Azrael tried to team up with Azrael feeling more 'owed."

There had been such a long loot drought that people succumbed to pixel frenzy and each side felt that no loot would be coming in if their 'crew' wasnt involved and they felt unjustly entitled to a large share of the bounty b/c of this fact.

It takes an adept leadership to merge factions to fight a war and the maladroit fumblings and poor navigation of past mergers have basically just irritated each faction.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

more power to anyone still able to be grouped with Lite and crew. Never met a bigger group of selfish players. Its why I joined nilly. It wasn't fun listening to lite brag about boxing in front of Sirken or try to give his pals first dibs on loot over other players that deserved it and I'm not talking about Force members actual Azrael members got screwed over too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Easy solution to all of that, though, Sektors. I think my pal Boats said it well. Either a) pursue the pixel (Nihilum) or ignore the pixel and just pvp on whatever side is more fun.

Retti can call out Azrael for having 5 factions that grind cash camps to acquire gear but it's disingenuous to direct that critique solely on pixelfrenzy.

EverQuest, gear matters, you can defect from the resistance and join Nihilum, raid for 3 months and start acquiring loot and purchase rot loots from the company store for a good price. Or you can grind the shit out of Fungi/Hiero/RBG etc and purchase same items on the open market for a lot more.

The constant argument that one path is 'bluer' than the other is stupid. Both guilds do the same amount of PVE. It's not a measurement of which guild PVEs more it's a measurement of whether or not people want to be the underdog or join the team with the upper hand.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

It has nothing to do with the underdog. I personally love being an underog, I was the underdog on Red99 for 1.5 years here. It's more about the people who happen to be on the underdog team that many of us have no desire to play with.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Banned

lol
Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's more about the people who happen to be on the underdog team that many of us have no desire to play with.
heartbrand is talking, here, primarily about himself
Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

how's that soul leech coming?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has nothing to do with the underdog. I personally love being an underog, I was the underdog on Red99 for 1.5 years here. It's more about the people who happen to be on the underdog team that many of us have no desire to play with.
I hear you HB but i would be curious to see what this roster really looks like. Who are the consistent people from Red Dawn, Full Retard, Azrael, Classic, Azrael that are so abhorrent?

I wasn't on the server for Red Dawn, during Full Retard i was in Nihilum. I spent 5 months in Azrael. I skipped Classic and i chose not to rejoin Azrael.

Who are the common denominators? What i see is a fluctuating crew, only a few that keep at it and i dont find the few that keep at it to be anywhere near the more offensive end of the continuum of that roster.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
how's that soul leech coming?
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=123952

hows that target practice coming?

roflrofl
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Sure, no problem:

Sickpuppy / Sealer / Brainz for starters, selfish players who nickle and dime their guildies while blatantly RMTing and Boxing, putting themselves in front of the guild

Friedchicken, nuff said, ain't no1 from Aimchat going to play with that guy

Lite in any leadership capacity nope

Agatha / Jupe, nuff said

Coshigga - guy is retarded / busy farming in KC/Seb during raids/pvp

Just my 2 cents, I like larsen/slathar/baisah/nips/tunak when he ain't deleting my chars in elf simulator rage, but that's about it