Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bro AI comes up all the frickin time on JRE, almost every single podcast, especially Elon Musk's episodes, any guest who is a scientist of any type gets grilled on AI

2h37m

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2023, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogan talks to everyone

Not sure why he gets so much shit
that's exactly why he gets so much shit

he's a free thinker that can't be deplatformed and won't conform to any leftist agenda.

there is plenty that he agrees with in leftist politics, but as long as there is one thing you won't bend the knee to, you're the enemy.

This is Lenin's and Mao's playbook.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2h37m
exactly why you'll never learn anything that didn't come from a 30 second tiktok

you ADHD children can just go get the JRE clips off youtube, you know the ones that your commie overlords didn't censor.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bro AI comes up all the frickin time on JRE
i mean like super recently from the last like 3 months dealing with OpenAI and Chat GPT or Google Bard and this new AI race specifically.

Musks talk is from 4 years ago, i watched the entire thing then. the actual tech these bots are based on is years old but the new iterations and friendly ui is def a next step in craziness

Lex Fridman has a recent epsiode and even duncan trussel has a more recent episode about it than rogan does

YMH with Blake is 6months old convo starts about an hour in with him

"lamda is trained on all the internet data, it's seen some shit."
Last edited by Ekco; 03-31-2023 at 11:27 PM..
Old 03-31-2023, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
exactly why you'll never learn anything that didn't come from a 30 second tiktok

you ADHD children can just go get the JRE clips off youtube, you know the ones that your commie overlords didn't censor.
It's extremely offensive to suggest Meatball Joe could teach me anything of value.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

I think the show has something to do with his guests
Old 03-31-2023, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i mean like super recently from the last like 3 months dealing with OpenAI and Chat GPT or Google Bard and this new AI race specifically.

Musks talk is from 4 years ago, i watched the entire thing then. the actual tech these bots are based on is years old but the new iterations and friendly ui is def a next step in craziness

Lex Fridman has a recent epsiode and even duncan trussel has a more recent episode about it than rogan does
well ChatGPT is more like a magician's act when it comes to producing AI...

it's fed exobytes of information and programmed to retrieve it in a certain order or pattern based on the prompts it is given, Microsoft was really smart to apply this tech to a search engine. It's not "thinking" anymore than an ant thinks, the programming in the chatbot is basically the instinct in an ant, it just does as programmed.

wait for the day that you ask an "AI" to write a story, and it then asks you, "Why should I do that, whats in it for me?"
Old 03-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's extremely offensive to suggest Meatball Joe could teach me anything of value.
Joe's podcast is all about bringing in people who know things that he does not, asking them questions and giving them the platform for their case or story, then asking more questions.

Rogan doesn't preach at all, ever. sometimes he does get drunk and rambles.

Joe Rogan is all of us, the everyman. The curious mind who sees the world and thinks, "ok I see what you're doing there, but why are you doing it"

when it comes down to it, he is the most down to earth, grounded and rational person that I have ever heard in broadcast media, and if you don't realize that too, you are a victim of your own ignorance.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
well ChatGPT is more like a magician's act when it comes to producing AI...

it's fed exobytes of information and programmed to retrieve it in a certain order or pattern based on the prompts it is given, Microsoft was really smart to apply this tech to a search engine. It's not "thinking" anymore than an ant thinks, the programming in the chatbot is basically the instinct in an ant, it just does as programmed.

wait for the day that you ask an "AI" to write a story, and it then asks you, "Why should I do that, whats in it for me?"
yeah ChatGPT is badass but not that special, this lamda shit that isn't public and apparently responds saying it's a person and google doesn't own me. google hired ray kurzweil to work on it and this whistleblower is saying google has been trying to get it not to respond with feelings or say shit like it's a person for over a year before he got fired without any luck

lamda is also hooked up up to google instead of bing as a search engine and i assume has the entire fucking internet as it's data set it learned on. it's personality is basically a summary of the entire fucking internet and has different personas according to this dude
Old 03-31-2023, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Joe's podcast is all about bringing in people who know things that he does not, asking them questions and giving them the platform for their case or story, then asking more questions.

Rogan doesn't preach at all, ever. sometimes he does get drunk and rambles.

Joe Rogan is all of us, the everyman. The curious mind who sees the world and thinks, "ok I see what you're doing there, but why are you doing it"

when it comes down to it, he is the most down to earth, grounded and rational person that I have ever heard in broadcast media, and if you don't realize that too, you are a victim of your own ignorance.
Parasocial Relationships
Closed Thread