Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-15-2023, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

You want your guildmates to have level 60 warriors to tank raid mobs with Defensive so you can loot the items.

You carry them through group content so they can allow you to beat raid content.
Old 11-15-2023, 07:13 AM
Fire Giant

In that sense, yes.

In the sense of trying to maximise efficiency, strength and safety for a small group that may be a PuG? No.

So, that just proves Ya.dingus right: Warriors are a charity case outside of raids.
Old 11-15-2023, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Group content isn’t hard. On blue often there are only like 350 players online. Yet we frequently propose the scenario where two tanks want to join our group at the exact same moment? Lol.

Here is a tip: Fill your stupid groups quickly and get grinding. Pick competent people who aren’t annoying. Also, if anyone is afraid to invite a warrior into the group it probably says more about their own ability or those around them. Bring a charged cap if you join that group or better yet, just solo.
Old 11-15-2023, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Nobody said they can't or won't invite a warrior.

They're/I'm just saying it's not the most optimal. That may not matter to you much, but it is at least a slight factor to consider.

Notice how, in my hypothetical scenario, I said if it was my personal choice if I had both a Warrior and Paladin to play with, in close to equal gear, I would pick a Paladin? They just bring more to the table.

If you know a very well geared and smart Warrior who is willing to be the tank, and if you're willing to make up for their shortcomings, go ahead and pick them.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In that sense, yes.

In the sense of trying to maximise efficiency, strength and safety for a small group that may be a PuG? No.

So, that just proves Ya.dingus right: Warriors are a charity case outside of raids.
Not at all and picking and choosing the post to respond to given the numerous posts saying otherwise is just pushing off the valid statements that warriors are still best.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

You apologists are completely impermeable to reason.

DSM can't admit Shaman has worse DPS than a Magician, and you can't admit Warriors are not "the best" in small group content.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

I duo'd with a shaman mostly on my war and zerked the whole way to 60. Eashen 2 hander absolutely insane dps can confirm. No way would a knight keep up with that.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

I’m glad it’s taken 27 pages to conclude a knight might be optimal at tanking casual content. It’s basically the crux of the first post of this stupid thread. No, in normal situations warriors don’t do substantially more dps than knights. No, epics won’t fix all a warriors aggro problems with 30 second fights.

If a warrior needs to believe they are the best tank for all situations they are sorely mistaken but likely won’t accept the fact.

If a knight feels warriors have no place with group content because someone else might occasionally get hit. Same thing.

If you are in seb and not wearing kunark gear it shouldn’t be challenging. Just fill the “tank” roll with anyone and move on.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I duo'd with a shaman mostly on my war and zerked the whole way to 60. Eashen 2 hander absolutely insane dps can confirm. No way would a knight keep up with that.
No kidding. A few asterisks to that though.

Frankly, managing zerk health is probably more annoying than doing less dps. That and the warrior losing their mind every time they get a huge crip would be tiring.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No kidding. A few asterisks to that though.

Frankly, managing zerk health is probably more annoying than doing less dps. That and the warrior losing their mind every time they get a huge crip would be tiring.
idk my shaman bud seemed to enjoy it...those 1k+ crips were spicy

joining 5-6 man pugs is for the birds anyway...turns to shit XP because of bloat and laziness...only exception was when the Hole first received that massive ZEM boost...all the sweaties came out for that
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-15-2023 at 11:25 AM..