Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-18-2022, 06:28 AM
Aviak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, I'll tell Rogean and Nilbog to read this thread right away.
Amazing.

Will you also tell them to re-read the Channeling bug report (and potential fix?).

And look at the whole torching a pet meta?

Fixing the whole "ghost root" impacting DoT damage would be nice too. I'm sure Druids would appreciate Immolate being fixed as well.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydothis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This poh guide from 2000 literally talks about charming
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...-plane-of-hatePenalty Shooters 2

Just because you didn't see enchanters charming, or don't remember, doesn't mean they didn't.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:39 PM
Orc

I don't think they want to admit Enchanters have been broken for years and people have been basically playing with a cheat on, that or there is other motive$.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujuminjo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they want to admit Enchanters have been broken for years and people have been basically playing with a cheat on, that or there is other motive$.
Yeah it’s probably a secret Illuminati con$piracy

If you want I can keep you posted and check back in with you every 6 months or so to remind you how enchanters still aren’t nerfed and how much fun I’ve been having on mine

Would that help?
Old 10-25-2022, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

If there was any bias on the staff's part, it would not come from money. It would simply be that Nilbog played an Enchanter on live, and (like anyone I know who played EQ back then) he had a bias toward the first class he played.

I'm sure if I was a dev, I'd have a hard time being completely impartial about Shaman, so I could hardly fault him for any such bias ... but, I honestly have seen zero evidence to support such bias.

There's a great quote known as Hanlon's Razor, which states "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity". I'd take that a step further and say "never attribute to malice OR stupidity ... that which can be explained by volunteer devs being overworked".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was any bias on the staff's part, it would not come from money. It would simply be that Nilbog played an Enchanter on live, and (like anyone I know who played EQ back then) he had a bias toward the first class he played.

I'm sure if I was a dev, I'd have a hard time being completely impartial about Shaman, so I could hardly fault him for any such bias ... but, I honestly have seen zero evidence to support such bias.

There's a great quote known as Hanlon's Razor, which states "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity". I'd take that a step further and say "never attribute to malice OR stupidity ... that which can be explained by volunteer devs being overworked".
I think it’s probably because he’s only made a post crying about enchanters on 3 different forums here

He still has Technical Discussion, Screenshots, and each server forums to make posts crying about enchanters on

I think once he does that, the devs will for sure nerf them for him. I’d also recommend continuing to lean into the ridiculous accusations, and maybe mention how it’s negatively affected him IRL, because it definitely seems to have. For example, he can bring up how much sleep he’s lost silently hating enchanters while lying in bed
Old 10-25-2022, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

He's now ranting on the p99 discord. Created an account just for it.
I think that's the step that will for sure work.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's now ranting on the p99 discord. Created an account just for it.
I think that's the step that will for sure work.
Lol
Old 10-25-2022, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujuminjo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does it feel to know all you have done as an enchanter is due to a cheat?

All this Enchanter mains thinking they were actually good at the game when we all fucking knew this behavior was bogus as fuck
I know I am not that good at this game. In fact, I actually need your help

I've had this simply RAVISHING pet charmed for what feels like forever now. I've already killed all the mobs around with him, exploited him to get all the exp and loots I could want...but charm simply will not fade for some reason. I don't get it

I've tried hitting the Go Away button in the pet window but that didn't work. I even tried going AFK for a bit, went and made a sandwich which took ~10 minutes, came back and he was still patiently waiting for me. I'm sick of this guy, and want a newer, stronger, more overpowered pet to take his place now

Can you help me figure out how to make charm go away? No rush in getting back to me, I'm sure he'll still be here charmed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 a ravishing.jpg (93.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-25-2022, 11:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So then the server is not what he advertises, because the game can't be classic if he counsiously made the desicion to buff EnCHEATERS.

This has been told for a long time, a lot of people brought the subject, now people brought hard facts and data and he even fucking posted on one of this posts acknowledging the issue and this was last year, this looks suspicious as fuck, looks like the owner of the server just got caught red handed having a buffed class that he still refuses to change even with hard evidence presented to him.

It's ridiculous that he still is advertising the server as a classic experience when it isn't.