Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will you be playing, and on what team?
Yes, I will be playing on the Good Team (Dentist) 18 28.13%
Yes, I will be playing on the Evil Team (Azrael) 18 28.13%
I would not play on that box 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Miss chuck, wish he would stop by sometime
o i will
Old 03-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

rustid? lol
Old 03-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
End of the day, it's really up to you guys.

You know the box and how it works, its exploits, its disadvantages and advantages.

Most of the new guys coming for this box do not, and will have casual playtime.

If you want to use advantages in playtime and box knowledge to run everyone off I'm sure it wont be hard. Not to sound scared, but that's just how it works.
The previous boxes were so easy to discourage players by going hardcore. I got on the day it opened after work and people were in their 30s. The next day I logged in and people were linking Velious loot.

Classic end game and level locks should fix that though. I don't see people really caring if someone is playing 24/7 to get loots that give them an extra 15 hps here and there.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Banned

People that complain about someone else's free time to play is bad for the community as a whole

It's eq, expect people to have more availability than you, which translates to more gear
Old 03-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Banned

sounds goo!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

People seem to complain a lot about a crew (Dentists typically) jumping out in front there. All I can say is after actually being a part of that group on the last box, if they truly wanted to ruin the experience of pretty much everyone else it would have been done.

Due to the small group requirements for raiding, we'd pretty much hit a target until we had what we needed then leave it alone completely. There was no endless stream of recruits to gear up, so spending time raiding targets for marginal upgrades on a 3rd alt seemed like a gigantic waste of time.

In general, people will complain when they get steamrolled, but we never camped people or chain ruined xp groups etc. There was no need for a PNP over there it just sort of happened on its own. We'd actively attack groups of people in their home city where you have a huge disadvantage with high level guards who will buff and heal you, etc and had some pretty epic fights. Even if you lost it wasn't a 4 hour CR. In general I never saw any bind rushing bs, exploiting/bug abuse, hacking or even much shit talking.

People play on those servers for the express purpose of fighting each other. Engaging in activities that chase off the population of an already low population box is not something any of the veteran players of those servers are interested in doing.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

you cant even bind rush anymore, it's hard coded now. If you die in pvp in a zone you can't return to it for 10 minutes.

But yeah we've never been about griefing people off these servers, I actually avoided pvp on my warrior for the first month because of the view people had of us.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We wont recruit and zerg it up, we will keep the same 5-6 guys we have for every iteration of the boxs. I do hope others can come together to give small skirmishs and competition where it needs to be. The problem has been really no one has stepped up to take the reigns to get people together.

We do know the box inside and out, it is an advantage, however i am confident there are others who also should know the box now and with their knowledge and the quality of players lite and others can bring to have fun, it should make for a decent server..

Remember this is level locked so there will be no significant gear advantage or level advantage for people to be upset about. We will all be on the same playing field, pretty much the entirety of the server. This will only be classic, theres not a lot people dont know, just adjusting to the bigger hitbox (should be an advantage for p99ers), spell system and class makeup is the only difference.

We wish everyone gluck, and hope to have a blast playing elf frag.

Cant wait to smash your face in

Yours truly,

Jibekn
Old 03-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokuten99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant wait to smash your face in

Yours truly,

Jibekn
Have heard this on like 10 iterations of the boxes.. still waiting.. I do hope you make it competitive tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 03-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

your feeble brains cannot even begin to comprehend my power
Closed Thread