Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 06:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holahouze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Stannis and Myrcella are pretty dead. Muerto.

As to the show's direction, here is my thinking. The showrunners are looping back to bring in the Greyjoys and Riverlands because book 6 is still in-process and they agreed to an 8th season after they'd plotted out season 5, 6, and 7. Assuming Martin has not provided them pretty detailed info on what's to happen in his book 6 & 7 (safe bet), I think they are past the point of incorporating his story in a meaningful way - other than the ending. Martin owed them, and us, that.

re: Myrcella (season 6 spoiler)

theres a leaked photo of her corpse under a blanket on the boat with Jaime in front of it : http://gameofthroneshq.com/wp-conten...e-lanniser.jpg

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
re: Myrcella (season 6 spoiler)

theres a leaked photo of her corpse under a blanket on the boat with Jaime in front of it : http://gameofthroneshq.com/wp-conten...e-lanniser.jpg
Yep. In the boat and also in the sept with Tommen and Jamie looking on. She's deader than a doornail.

We also have the way season 5 ended with Stannis, no sightings on location, and show Briene swearing an oath to kill Renly's "killer". Stannis is a goner too - and that is a lowdown dirty rotten shame. The legitimate Baratheon's are goombazet.

Jon Snow is taking over book Stannis role in pertaining to Battle of Winterfell.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:10 AM
VIP / Contributor

RIP Stannis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] https://soundcloud.com/westorhyme/th...ng-of-westeros

but i think youre right about Jon taking over Stannis' role. but you know what, fuck Brienne. by law she should have brought him to be sentenced by.. someone. and fuck Brienne again because Renly had to rightful claim to anything. hes just an ass.

maybe someone can legitimize Gendry and he can hook up with Arya. it will be the third attempt to get Stark and Baratheon together (Lyanna & Robert, Sansa & Joffrey, and then Arya & Gendry).

ugh. 2 more months on the show, and god only knows on the book.

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 02-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP Stannis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] https://soundcloud.com/westorhyme/th...ng-of-westeros

but i think youre right about Jon taking over Stannis' role. but you know what, fuck Brienne. by law she should have brought him to be sentenced by.. someone. and fuck Brienne again because Renly had to rightful claim to anything. hes just an ass.

maybe someone can legitimize Gendry and he can hook up with Arya. it will be the third attempt to get Stark and Baratheon together (Lyanna & Robert, Sansa & Joffrey, and then Arya & Gendry).

ugh. 2 more months on the show, and god only knows on the book.
Ned Stark is the best friend Stannis never had. If only he'd stuck around or taken Ned's raven. Stannis really grew on me, in spite of the Red Witch. Renly got a shadow baby for his trouble. #over-reach

Stannis storyline over the last couple S5 episodes were a wreck. I think the showrunners were planning on 7 seasons and thinning the herd. Most unfortunate. Anways... they can't let Brienne go forward without some consequence. Some kind of realization along the lines of comments Jamie made about conflicting oaths.

Gendry + Arya, interesting pair. But, I'm not that into the match-making thing.

Repeating myself, but, lots of characters and storylines left adrift. Martin is sitting on a giant payday, so you know he's struggling with what he's created.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
hes just an ass.
And if honorable ned had listened to that ass, he could have prevented a war. Instead, he had to protect children by allowing thousands of children to die to war, sickness, etc.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by holahouze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Repeating myself, but, lots of characters and storylines left adrift. Martin is sitting on a giant payday, so you know he's struggling with what he's created.
He needs to sign a new publishing deal where they can set him up with some ghost editors. Not to write the story, but just some people to bounce storyline off of.

Similar to a writers room for a television production. In TV, writers who try to write alone usually end up falling short, HBO's Nic Pizzolatto was a recent very good example of this. You need interjection when you are struggling.

I am thinking this is no different. Save the series! Change your process please RR. Do it now.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-23-2016, 07:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if honorable ned had listened to that ass, he could have prevented a war. Instead, he had to protect children by allowing thousands of children to die to war, sickness, etc.
And, your etc. includes a wife, a son & heir, his castle and lands, many of his people, and his remaining Children are orphans and in the wind. I almost gave up on the series and books because I could not believe Ned's decision-making. That conversation with Renly really deserved more discussion and careful consideration. Ned was really in over his head. I surrendered to it.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He needs to sign a new publishing deal where they can set him up with some ghost editors. Not to write the story, but just some people to bounce storyline off of.

Similar to a writers room for a television production. In TV, writers who try to write alone usually end up falling short, HBO's Nic Pizzolatto was a recent very good example of this. You need interjection when you are struggling.

I am thinking this is no different. Save the series! Change your process please RR. Do it now.
I don't know how that would work, but something needs to change!

BTW, Martin is attending a con next week and rumors are he will be giving a reading from Winds. So, maybe a small peek is coming.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if Ned had followed his brain instead of honor in any situation things would be different.
telling cersei what he learned? dumb
not leaving the city and going with baelish? dumb
not sending ravens to all of westeros (as opposed to just stannis)? dumb
not taking renly seriously? dumb
thinking a piece of paper would stop cersei? dumb
trusting baelish when confronting cersei? dumb

am i missing anything?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-23-2016, 12:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
And, your etc. includes a wife, a son & heir, his castle and lands, many of his people, and his remaining Children are orphans and in the wind. I almost gave up on the series and books because I could not believe Ned's decision-making. That conversation with Renly really deserved more discussion and careful consideration. Ned was really in over his head. I surrendered to it.
i think people just gave Ned too much credit. he (like Robb) just made a lot of bad decisions. and in Westeros, making bad decisions repeatedly doesnt grant you a long life expectancy.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread