Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-22-2022, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think that's what Troxx was showing, then I guess you think Fist of Nature/Primal Wraps pulls a nice 45-50 dps.
Thats the only data he has posted. Don't blame me if its bad hehe. His 72-175 data has nothing showing what his average is. My Shaman can do 72-175 DPS too.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Troxx's Mage was averaging 80 DPS based on the data he has given. An Epic Mage could do 104 DPS based on the data he has given.
The same parse also had a level 60 monk with Raid gear and enchanter haste and a 15/18 and 15/20 weapon parsing 39dps

I swear you’re just being obtuse now. I have already explained to you that it gets weird when you compile fights. Another way to think of it is this … however much dps a raid geared monk can dish out with 15/18 and 15/20 … I was basically doubling that just by sicking the pet and lobbing the same 825dd nuke over and over.

C’mon buddy, enough with the straw man arguments. Rub dem brain cells together
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-22-2022, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Just post some logs Troxx. I am not sure why its so hard. You could prove me wrong in 30 minutes lol. Please stop blaming me for your own data. If it's wrong, don't post it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-22-2022 at 10:37 PM..
Old 08-22-2022, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fight a single mob with pet only. Fight a single mob with pet and nukes. Report mana and spell usage. Report what mob you fought. All you need to do is divide max HP by how many seconds it took to kill the mob. For example, when I was duoing with a Rogue in Sebilis, he could kill a Froglok Dar Knight in 45 seconds. That mob has 6000 HP, so 6000/45 = 133 DPS.
This is what we need. If you can provide these logs, we can get a good representation of your average DPS. There is no more random obfuscation from you claiming the numbers are higher (which we can't prove with your current screenshot). Same with your 72-175DPS number. My Shaman can hit that too, it doesn't mean you are averaging anywhere near 175 DPS.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Just got home from work. Want singles broken out not compiled? Heres a few

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Later on in same group after I had to make a new pet. I call this series "omg the mage out-dps'd the enchanter pet!

Look man they just go on and on and all mostly look like this except the fights where I had to step away to take a pee or do something for my kid. I never got close to running out of mana the whole time we were down there. I told you it looks goofy and gets all skewed when you just do a mass fight compile.

Mages are excellent group dps.

Shamans ... are not. You don't invite shamans to the group for dps. You invite them for all the lovely things they do so absolutely well. Strong class, but not strong dps in a fast moving group setting. None of these mobs would have lived long enough for you to get any meaningful damage from your dots ... so you'd be left with JBB clicks and otherwise 'meh' nukes and a weakling pet.

#micdrop

Last edited by Troxx; 08-22-2022 at 10:50 PM..
Old 08-22-2022, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for the single logs!

Your average pet DPS is (46 + 60 + 56 + 52 + 75 + 57 + 50 + 55 + 52) / 9 = 55 DPS.

For your self DPS, that varies based on how much you nuke. You still haven't provided that data, but now I know what spell you use based on the damage you gave, so I can calculate the average for you.

Shock of Steel costs 275 mana. A Mage with C2 and max meditate is regenerating 32 mana per tick. 32 x 10 x 60 = 19,200. That means you could nuke 70 times per hour (19200 / 275 = 70). Since you are casting other things including your pet, that is really closer to basically 1 nuke per minute.

So your average nuke DPS is 825 / 60 seconds = 13.5 DPS.

So your average DPS is 55 + 13.5 = 68.5 DPS. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in terms of RNG and put it back up to 80 DPS for you[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Your parser was actually pretty spot on for yourself at least.

EDIT: The pet numbers are a bit lower, put in his Mage's DPS for a few of them on accident.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-22-2022 at 11:09 PM..
Old 08-22-2022, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

/facepalm

On a fight with a mob with unlimited/infinite hp where there is never a chance for down time and the fight never ever ends and once you’ve run out of mana and assuming you never fizzle or get a resist, and if you ignore it’s a conjuration spell and I’m conjuration spec … but wait! Your cute little exercise in arithmetic forgets that time spent standing and casting are med ticks possibly missed .. so surely my mages personal dps is actually lower than what you calculated despite all the logs you so desperately wanted me to provide.

What part of I never ran out of mana do you not comprehend?

Your ability to do mental gymnastics never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited by Troxx; 08-22-2022 at 11:09 PM..
Old 08-22-2022, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/facepalm
Yup. The data you gave doesn't change your DPS from the first screenshot. It lowers it actually hehe. Thanks for the data, now we can finally put this debate to rest.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/facepalm

On a fight with a mob with unlimited/infinite hp where there is never a chance for down time and the fight never ever ends and once you’ve run out of mana and assuming you never fizzle or get a resist, and if you ignore it’s a conjuration spell and I’m conjuration spec … but wait! Your cute little exercise in arithmetic forgets that time spent standing and casting are med ticks possibly missed .. so surely my mages personal dps is actually lower than what you calculated despite all the logs you so desperately wanted me to provide.

What part of I never ran out of mana do you not comprehend?

Your ability to do mental gymnastics never ceases to amaze me.
How do you not understand basic math? Every character has a maximum amount of mana they get per hour, unless you are getting twitched or something. There is no magical amount of mana you have. If you are regenerating at 32 mana per tick, the best you can do is 70 nukes per hour lol.

You are confusing the idea that you can nuke more in some fights. But if you play for an hour the DPS still averages out because you have a fixed amount of maximum mana you can receive.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-22-2022 at 11:13 PM..
Old 08-22-2022, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yes because all groups spend all 60 seconds of all 60 minutes of every hour constantly fighting without breaks, pauses, crawling, waiting on a pull…

Obtuse man …

Do we even play the same game? I provided you real time, real world, actual fights that happened. I never ran out of mana. This is how the fights went. It’s the actual game not some BS theory crafting of a pseudo intellectual who knows how to use a calculator.