Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you come to P99 for raiding, you better be capable of poopsocking for long hours and be fully prepared to kiss a lot of ass.

Without one or both qualities above you will be nothing but a bottom feeder who only gets the leftovers of pixels the coterie that runs whatever raid guild you join determines they don't want.

Even the "casual" raid guilds have hardcore members and their core groups are equally greedy for pixels, they are no different than the supposedly awful A/A guilds, only A/A have more resources to dominate more content here.

Yes, it's that bad. Do yourself a favor, don't ever raid here. It will kill your gaming soul.
Very disheartening that, what used to be a cool game, has turned into what you describe. No, I don't kiss ass or sock poop. That is just not my style, nor ever will it be. What happened to just logging in and enjoying the game for what it was created to be? The escape from reality for X amount of time to enjoy your adventures is what I always remembered.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very disheartening that, what used to be a cool game, has turned into what you describe. No, I don't kiss ass or sock poop. That is just not my style, nor ever will it be. What happened to just logging in and enjoying the game for what it was created to be? The escape from reality for X amount of time to enjoy your adventures is what I always remembered.
I can't define what will be fun or not for you, I only speak from a jaded perspective which is fully subjective. Some will agree with me, and some will say I am a liar.

Honestly, I would recommend you enjoying the journey (as you probably have been doing), and when you get to 60 then try raiding. Do your research, and then join a raid guild, try it for yourself.

I personally find leveling a character to 60 more fun, and I also generally find the behavior of raid guild members typically unappealing, so structured raiding has turned out to not be my thing.

I now log in, do what I want, and I have zero pressure of having to meet raid requirements. I also have more control over who I associate with in the game. I am not forced to have to coexist with members of a raid guild which many of whom I don't share a likeness of mentality with.

To each their own though. You might like raiding here. I do not.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't define what will be fun or not for you, I only speak from a jaded perspective which is fully subjective. Some will agree with me, and some will say I am a liar.

Honestly, I would recommend you enjoying the journey (as you probably have been doing), and when you get to 60 then try raiding. Do your research, and then join a raid guild, try it for yourself.

I personally find leveling a character to 60 more fun, and I also generally find the behavior of raid guild members typically unappealing, so structured raiding has turned out to not be my thing.

I now log in, do what I want, and I have zero pressure of having to meet raid requirements. I also have more control over who I associate with in the game. I am not forced to have to coexist with members of a raid guild which many of whom I don't share a likeness of mentality with.

To each their own though. You might like raiding here. I do not.
I appreciate all opinions, whatever side you may fall on, so thank you for your perspective. You describe pretty much how I play. Doing what I want - when I want. I'll add though that my time is usually very limited and I'm quite sure if I bailed out of raid X because of RL responsibilities - I'd lose some points or whatever they use for their scoring.

Actually, I do have 1 character close to 60 but I don't foresee myself running to the nearest raid guild when that finally happens. One of my focuses was to see if things had changed from when I first started here.

If anyone else reading this has other views, please share your side to this as this could lead to a good book one day.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Raiding in EQ is like being a lobster in a bucket.. You guys have the benefit of this being a 17 year old game and avoiding the shitshow that is racing/FTE and instead trying to work on some kind of "community" here, but I guess its too much entertainment to lawyer one another to death. The loot isn't going anywhere. Pulling to ToV entrance... Jesus. I'd DT every one of you if it were up to me. You guys really take advantage of the CSM's here, you get entirely too much of a say.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Banned

I wish I wrote crawdad on the ballot
Old 11-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is called "casual gameplay" and is totally fine.

The alternative spectrum is called "hardcore gameplay" and is totally fine.

Neither way is the "right" way to play games. Condemning either simply because you prefer the other is incredibly stupid. Let people play the way they want to play, and don't let it effect you.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither way is the "right" way to play games. Condemning either simply because you prefer the other is incredibly stupid. Let people play the way they want to play, and don't let it effect you.
This statement could apply to a lot of things... Just saying. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoy casual encounters with dragons and generally doing whatever I feel like in my limited playtime ^^ Not all peeps in top guilds are turds. In fact, I would say most are not. Of course I am pretty inexperienced with regard to guilds and may just be lucky ^^ I've fun at it too. LOTS of fun. But then again, I always do ^.~v
Old 11-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is called "casual gameplay" and is totally fine.

The alternative spectrum is called "hardcore gameplay" and is totally fine.

I don't let it affect me. Nor did I condemn anything. I was curious and asking questions about the raid scene here which has an over whelming populace wanting change due to numerous issues that anyone could find throughout this forum. At a first glance, your attitude is part of the problem, since you assume much and insult freely.

Quote:
This statement could apply to a lot of things... Just saying.
^Well said & succinct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoy casual encounters with dragons and generally doing whatever I feel like in my limited playtime ^^ Not all peeps in top guilds are turds. In fact, I would say most are not. Of course I am pretty inexperienced with regard to guilds and may just be lucky ^^ I've fun at it too. LOTS of fun. But then again, I always do ^.~v
Yes, apparently you are fortunate to be a part of something when you do have the free time to sit down & play this game. That was one of my goals here, to find perhaps other like minded people. My schedule is pretty harsh at times so with no concrete time frames, it would be sporadic
Closed Thread