Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yall arent listening to each other. stop using your own hand to stroke your ideas. Pat, let Horza hold you by your idea and let him experiment with it. Horza, be gentle while exploring Patrece. Show him how to treat you.
the clown can watch

A fellow sex therapist? That's a first. God I had this couple in heat today.

Anyhoo...
Old 03-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to speculate mischievously, HR departments. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah. I've decided to help Patrece out.

1. Communism is totally diff from the social justice movement.
  2. Communism implies major structural changes that are incompatible with capital economics.
  3. Communism scared Corporate America in the first half of the 20th century.
  4. Corporate America then invented identity politics as a distraction from more radical ideas..
  5. They won't hire a communist, but they will show how enlightened they are by doing social justice things with hiring, policy, etc. They will close a plant in a state to show they dislike the Confederacy, and so forth.
  6. Historically, the social justice movement is a classic distraction move. The real threat is indeed the terribly bad ideas of communism. But communism has been dead for around 40 years, as an idea.
  7. What has replaced it is "social justice," which by unspoken rule *never* brings up major communist-scale systemic changes to how capitalism works.
Clear? You hashed together two things whose history is not as tidy as you assume. I know some serious Marxists. To refer to aussenseiter, they hate this con the left has fallen for. HR revolutions? lol. Changes nothing, from a Marxist perspective.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:26 PM
Banned

granpa pilled
Old 03-10-2023, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not certain though
You know what else isn't certain? The existence of the dinosaur
Old 03-10-2023, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I've decided to help Patrece out.

1. Communism is totally diff from the social justice movement.
  2. Communism implies major structural changes that are incompatible with capital economics.
  3. Communism scared Corporate America in the first half of the 20th century.
  4. Corporate America then invented identity politics as a distraction from more radical ideas..
  5. They won't hire a communist, but they will show how enlightened they are by doing social justice things with hiring, policy, etc. They will close a plant in a state to show they dislike the Confederacy, and so forth.
  6. Historically, the social justice movement is a classic distraction move. The real threat is indeed the terribly bad ideas of communism. But communism has been dead for around 40 years, as an idea.
  7. What has replaced it is "social justice," which by unspoken rule *never* brings up major communist-scale systemic changes to how capitalism works.
Clear? You hashed together two things whose history is not as tidy as you assume. I know some serious Marxists. To refer to aussenseiter, they hate this con the left has fallen for. HR revolutions? lol. Changes nothing, from a Marxist perspective.
Critical theory is a variant of Post Marxism.

I'm helping too!! 🙃
Old 03-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Banned

*Variety. Tut tut.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what else isn't certain? The existence of the dinosaur
Then how can you explain THIS!?

“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-10-2023, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then how can you explain THIS!?

They were obviously on the payroll of BIG DINOSAUR like those cowards at ABC

Old 03-10-2023, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Critical theory is a variant of Post Marxism.

I'm helping too!! 🙃

I was just gonna say. Let's tidy up that problem? Just so maybe there can be some indication this entire subculture is not on crazy pills? So I'm gonna do a list again. Captain Lists. This time, in no particular order:

• There is sometimes a big difference between academic theories and political bullshit.
  • Academically, "critical theory" is a broad term for a collection of theoreticalmethods.
  • "Critical theory" arguably begins with Kant -- 200+ years ago.
  • Critical theory can be applied to anything. Again, it's a method of studying things. Anything "human" can be studied using this method. It requires a "subject."
  • In it's modern form critical theory was also called structuralist theory in the US. It's considered old fashioned now. Today, academically, very few structuralists left, and the critical theorists today are eye-wateringly weak shit. Academically. IE: Bad scholars.
  • 20th century critical theory, especially in the US, was often a safe place for lots of weak shit, so that's saying something.
If critical race theory is a variant of post Marxism, which it is, it also has to be granted that Marxism is a variant of post Kantianism, which really gets the comedy juices flowing here.

A lot of problems are instantly solved if people understood what the word "structural" means in this theoretical tradition.

The hardcore structuralist is brutal! (rimshot)

Personal view. If the complaint is that outside the sciences the academic disciplines are a fucking trainwreck, well no shit. You know how in war movies, a ship or a submarine has been hit, and the bulkheads are closing, and there is always the last guy who managed to get out before the area turns into an aquarium? That's my education. I just made it. My profs made me suffer -- their intellectual demands, not their politics. And we all agreed likely! But dear god that is trivial bullshit! When I was educated, if you ever displayed you were aware of "the real world" you were shunned.

One can *always* get educated. But you kind of have to already be on the way, so to speak. Maybe just keep in mind, you kids, that I, as an older academic, find it perfectly innocent to mumble under your breath, "This dick should be shot." That would be ideal, but alas, our fate is less than ideal, and justly so, for that makes things challenging.

(Tedious: Without Kant, no formal arguments and statements of Rousseau's much too literary-expressed demand for "human liberty." And without that, you start to get into territory where you wonder what actual history would look like. The American Revolution was not a populist movement. It was an application of Locke, but the heart of our governing ideas are Kantian. "Moral absolutes" = rights + duties, correct? That's Kant not Locke.)

Wall of text. Wall of text. And before you know it, they give you a degree and a job. Lookin good, feelin good.
Old 03-10-2023, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

And in my day, you had a choice. A term paper, or an oral exam with another professor as mediator. If you wanted the higher honors, you always opted for the latter.

No chatgbt has power there.

You younger people would be smart if you realized, all written exams are a shortcut for the professor more than the student. When you have 100+ students a class, or it's the sciences (no shit), oral exams are logistically impossible.

That's why you have to already be smart going in. I wanted to study a humanity. I had to find out, which place gives me the option to do real work?