Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 12:48 PM
Banned

It does need TOTAL reform but too many people paid too many politicians to let that happen. You gotta get your foot in the door some how. This is the crack that will bring the wall down. It needs reform, it does. It wont happen over night and all students wont be paid, wont happen. The big stand out, reason why they are winning, reason why people go to the games athletes are the only way in. America does not give a flying fuck about the educators, but this could lead to more changes.

See the thing about change is you can always change it back. You republicans are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO against any change because you think it has to be like that FOREVER after you change it. No.. You can repaint a car if you dont like the color. You can even repaint THAT color!
Old 06-01-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, if the college is making money off their name, likeness, or actions. Like if some kid invents a new bed for pregnant people to give birth in or some shit. College claims it under its research dept, makes millions selling this product. Should the inventor get a piece even though they used the college facilities, budget, and materials??

Of course they should.

If I was selling jerseys with your name on the back of it, you'd want a piece. If I was selling action figures of you, you'd want a piece of it. Posters of you, you'd want a piece. If I was using you to get chevy or someone to sponsor an event featuring you, you should get some of the proceeds.

I dont care if its concert tickets for the school band. Bakes sales selling products made by the students. If they turn a profit, the students should see some of it.

Like how have they not paid for their scholarship and then some 2 years into an outstanding college football career?? They made that school millions with sales at the games, merchandise, and recruited more athletes to keep the cycle going off that kids name and deeds. You always sell more beer when you're winning.
Lets take all the scholarship money we give to math and science and use it to pay athletics students.

This is the math the math and science graduates are coming up with.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Athletes are barely literate. They should be required to have a 4.0 to even participate, def not be paid

Ass backwards priorities in this country
Old 06-01-2021, 12:58 PM
Banned

Mr DeSantis has repeatedly downplayed the dangers of the coronavirus, which has killed 36,773 people in Florida so far. He ordered the state reopened in April 2020, just as the pandemic was reaching its earliest peaks in the United States, and has resisted new lockdowns since then.

“So far, DOH emails reviewed by the Miami Herald show Jones was asked to remove data from public view after receiving questions about it from the news organization,” the editorial board said. “In addition, she has gone up against an administration that has shamelessly concealed vital COVID information during the past year. Unfortunately, the possibility of DOH manipulating information is not a stretch.”

Now shes got whistle blower status. Imagine that. You get trash out of the government and it starts to function again. I know thats the whole republican thing.. Break the government then point to it and say "its broken!".
Old 06-01-2021, 01:02 PM
Banned

Completely missed the point. COMPLETELY.

I said, you gotta get your foot in the door SOME HOW. Athletes, since america worships them WAY more than any teacher or educator, get the headlines and spotlight. Its like you dont want to understand what I'm saying.

You gotta START somewhere. Its like you're so opposed to this because the biggest money maker is being targeted first. If the college is MAKING MONEY OFF THE STUDENTS, they should be paid.

You see the IF statement there? You see how that works? IF the college is NOT making money off the student, they should not be paid.

See how that works??? Then you say some dumb shit like "lets pay the athletes the math money".
Old 06-01-2021, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mr DeSantis has repeatedly downplayed the dangers of the coronavirus, which has killed 36,773 people in Florida so far. He ordered the state reopened in April 2020, just as the pandemic was reaching its earliest peaks in the United States, and has resisted new lockdowns since then.

“So far, DOH emails reviewed by the Miami Herald show Jones was asked to remove data from public view after receiving questions about it from the news organization,” the editorial board said. “In addition, she has gone up against an administration that has shamelessly concealed vital COVID information during the past year. Unfortunately, the possibility of DOH manipulating information is not a stretch.”

Now shes got whistle blower status. Imagine that. You get trash out of the government and it starts to function again. I know thats the whole republican thing.. Break the government then point to it and say "its broken!".

you're not the brightest bulb

rona is over

florida is 100% back to normal

everything is fine

desantis made all the right calls

i wonder why so many people from NY, MA, etc are moving here?

tired of liberal dipshit policy-makers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Republicans think this is a good thing. It's not a political party, it's a death cult.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

desantis is a neolib.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:04 PM
Banned

I agree with Jibartik. The privilege and opportunity to become a rich athlete is an opportunity and a luxury.

Fuck you if you think you're entitled to it. It's one of the few things not 3000% fucked up yet, tho it already seems to be a career choice riddled with bureaucracy and bullshit. Rather then merit or might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Athletes are barely literate. They should be required to have a 4.0 to even participate, def not be paid

Ass backwards priorities in this country
Old 06-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Banned

36k dead. Doesnt seem fine to me.

LOL what a FAILURE. 36k dead! What a hero! LOLOL

I cant wait til he runs. Its gonna be fucking hilarious.

You think Donny Rape will allow it?? Did he kiss donnys asshole to get his blessing?
Closed Thread