Fire Giant

^ perfect case for and against sigs/avatars
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 03-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey guys what's going on in this thread
Possibly best sig on forums, but it's just as suggestive as the others in question. I bet no one would have complained about Cucumbers' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red99
Old 03-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Glad to see you guys are still at it.

I've found it pretty funny to see the replies to this days after the fact. For good measure, I really hope at least 10 more people can tell me to 'do work at work'. I really need that reinforced for me to understand what my purpose is in life.

Again guys - both sides require censorship. Either users have to censor the forums in the entirety (no avatars/sigs) or users have to censor themselves (by having SFW sigs/avatars).

Both sides are an infringement on 'freedoms' (forum freedoms?). When I go home, my sigs/avatars are still disabled, so I need to re-enable them if I want to see them. It's either that or create an alter-ego work account, and let's be honest, i'm almost at 500 posts. I can't give that up -- not after all the hard 'work' I've put into the post count.

See you guys in a week.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 03-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad to see you guys are still at it.

I've found it pretty funny to see the replies to this days after the fact. For good measure, I really hope at least 10 more people can tell me to 'do work at work'. I really need that reinforced for me to understand what my purpose is in life.

Again guys - both sides require censorship. Either users have to censor the forums in the entirety (no avatars/sigs) or users have to censor themselves (by having SFW sigs/avatars).

Both sides are an infringement on 'freedoms' (forum freedoms?). When I go home, my sigs/avatars are still disabled, so I need to re-enable them if I want to see them. It's either that or create an alter-ego work account, and let's be honest, i'm almost at 500 posts. I can't give that up -- not after all the hard 'work' I've put into the post count.

See you guys in a week.
It's your boss that's wanting to censor what you're allowed to see at work, not us or the p99 staff. I still think you should just view the sigs and avatars as usual and tell your HR department to take a chill pill.

Red99
Old 03-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possibly best sig on forums, but it's just as suggestive as the others in question. I bet no one would have complained about Cucumbers' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? I can go to a (shudders) Yahoo "news" article and see 5 or 10 pop up adds on a FRESHLY made computer (No cookies, saved settings etc.) and see a woman in barely there bathing suit and/or a male body builder wearing skimpy clothing advertising how to get big quick.

This whole article/thread should have died after the first ten post but has exploded because everyone here is bored and wants to argue/convince the other side they are incorrect.

Where's that Jackie Chan image when needed.

Last post I'll make to spare the innocent. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/member.php?u=113641

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 03-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread