Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to look closer. It's not just the backstory as they tell it in a cinematic or any one source, it was the fact that everything had a purpose in the world. They didn't just throw everything together, there was a lot of forethought down to many of the smallest details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfjLnTrg0Vo

here is a good compendium of just a handful and just a drop in the proverbial bucket. Sorry, but ffxi was not even close to this level.
5 star post although I love reading about Nasomi a lot.

EQ had some meticulous sperglords working on itemization and lore and meshing the two together. EQ (considering the shitty 6 million budget) was quite ambitious.

You could never milk that level of work out of a person in 2016 (Because Sonny said "The working man is a sucker" ).

You have to have people who actually care about the project and a relatively small team working towards the same vision.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 star post although I love reading about Nasomi a lot.

EQ had some meticulous sperglords working on itemization and lore and meshing the two together. EQ (considering the shitty 6 million budget) was quite ambitious.

You could never milk that level of work out of a person in 2016 (Because Sonny said "The working man is a sucker" ).

You have to have people who actually care about the project and a relatively small team working towards the same vision.
This is why I think teams like the one making Pantheon are the only hope MMOs have of ever being worth playing again. They are spergelords like us who often love and obsess over those little things, that will take pride in their work and make a game that sucks the player into the world. Immersion is a hellova drug.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

If there was a way to completely overhaul your UI and a way to effectively use keyboard and mouse, I could probably be convinced to try ffxi again.

As is, I tried all the addons and tweaks and couldn't get it to where it felt comfortable. Would have endured if I felt like it was worth it, but I just couldn't justify the headache.

Shame it wasn't completely moddable like EQ. I'd of loved to make a UI that was more practical, while keeping in the spirit of final fantasy.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

I use keyboard and mouse just fine. Lots of hotkeys and such

The only addons i use are the distance display for spells and ranged attacks, and recast so I can see my timers

The UI could definitely be better, but it works imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 11-23-2016, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wanna get working towards some new items, what the best way to do that? R mentioned that there is um, some quests or something?
Old 11-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpedup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at low levels in sandoria area farm rabbits for hides and sheepskins

you can make the skins into leather and when leatherworking guild opens sometimes its heavily stocked

you can sell a stack of sheep leather for quite a bit then just buy a fire sword on AH if there is one

dont use daggers till 33 when you get vipir bite, assuming your a thief.
oh okk, so I should keep the rabit hides? I was selling them to a merchant for 120gil per 3 >[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When will I meet sheep? I should like this very much.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/quests...fqtype=Mission

Every city has missions. I don't really remember how it works exactly, I just remember there's a cool progression of quests that are based on your level. Each tier you unlock new armors. To earn currency to buy them once unlocked, you have to slay with that city's buff on you which is given by the same guard who offers the items and quest (it's usually right next to the city gates) Sometimes the armors are better from another city, in which case you probably want to buy the pieces you need.

There are also a lot of random quests scattered throughout the cities. You should look up items. I ended up suiting myself up almost entirely with quests from cities and mission gear.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

ohhhhh ok. I'll keep my hides then to process and check out those quests R mentioned. ty both ^^
Old 11-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default SYSTEM MESSAGE

:3

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

ill be there