Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 10:23 PM
Banned

And I hear Sound of Freedom is kind of a bore based on what the Chapo folks said but that doesn't matter because I'll probably still see it

I dunno why the right is so worked up about a relatively succesful right wing movie on the fear of the week for the suburban whites, there's been a shitload of those. Taken, Peppermint, Gran Torino, just to name a few
Old 07-22-2023, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Def going to see Oppenheimer first
I'm gonna see it tomorrow I'm p. stoked
Old 07-22-2023, 10:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Def going to see Oppenheimer first
I do enjoy that there seems to be this overlap of support for Oppenheimer and Barbie, like lots of people saying they are excited to see one then the other, even though they are completely different. Reminds me of when doom eternal and animal crossing came out at the same time lol
Old 07-22-2023, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I hear Sound of Freedom is kind of a bore based on what the Chapo folks said but that doesn't matter because I'll probably still see it

I dunno why the right is so worked up about a relatively succesful right wing movie on the fear of the week for the suburban whites, there's been a shitload of those. Taken, Peppermint, Gran Torino, just to name a few
You calling Sound of Freedom "right wing" tells us all exactly what we need to know.

A movie based on a true story of an ex-government agent saving children from sex abuse and trafficking.

And that's exactly why I posted my bullet points and that's exactly why you won't denounce child trafficking.

That's pretty sick.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gran Torino
Grab Torino was fuckin great. Still can’t see that without getting choked up when he wills his car to Tao
Old 07-22-2023, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Over the past few weeks I've learned that Liberals:

• Hate America
• Hate law and order
• Hate anyone who speaks out against child trafficking
• Hate anyone who speaks out against sex crimes

• Hate people who talk about the above and want them cancelled or worse
• Hate anyone who tries to exchange discourse counter to their narratives

I was right. And for some of you to make fun of it, making fun of child trafficking and abuse?

Disgusting.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Oppenheimer was kinda meh i doubt there is a single thing in the barbie movie as cringe as Oppenheimer sayin his "I've become the destroyer of worlds" line while having sex with his commie girlfriend.

only good part is the like 3 minutes of dialogue between him and Einstein throughout it
Old 07-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oppenheimer was kinda meh i doubt there is a single thing in the barbie movie as cringe as Oppenheimer sayin his "I've become the destroyer of worlds" line while having sex with his commie girlfriend.

only good part is the like 3 minutes of dialogue between him and Einstein throughout it
He did say that though?

Old 07-22-2023, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

yeah ppl act like oppenheimer was the only one who knew how to build a nuke

it's really just that he was the guy who was given the most money to build a nuke, and therefore got it done first.

im glad he was on our side but still, the nazis or brits woulda got it done

i gotta roll my eyes anytime i hear about such achievements, because anyone who has infinite money (US Gov't) can get anything done in any time frame that they please.

prior to desert storm the US realized it's bombs weren't gonna penetrate Saddam's bunkers. they fast tracked development, threw money at the problem and then developed the GBU-28 bunker buster in less than 3 weeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-28

so anytime I hear about government over spending, I say bullshit you just wanted more money.

or anytime I hear about years/decades in delays on a project, I say bullshit you didn't really wanna do that project.
Last edited by Trexller; 07-22-2023 at 10:59 PM..
Old 07-22-2023, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

example for both cases:

california high speed rail
cali anything really
Closed Thread