Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-09-2022, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

By that logic, one of the members can literally have a geared 60 of every single class to swap in, and at that point it doesn't fucking matter what comp the group has because they can change it.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People already understand this subconsciously, which is why they are picking Enchanter/Enchanter/Enchanter/Cleric.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

He's now admitted that mage is better at royals and necro is better at fungi king. He's basically just clinging on to shaman being helpful for ixiblat and maybe like WW dragons? He's backed himself into a very tiny corner with his own words at this point. Would ANYBODY base their entire group makeup for 1-60 and beyond around what class makes more sense for Ixiblat? Or would you take a mage/necro that makes more sense in the vast majority of cases? I played actively on blue for YEARS and I think I killed Ixiblat like twice.

This thread really should be over. I know it won't end. But DSM literally backed himself into a tiny corner and the floor has fallen out beneath him. He's dangling by a thread and is going to continue to argue from there I'm sure.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By that logic, one of the members can literally have a geared 60 of every single class to swap in, and at that point it doesn't fucking matter what comp the group has because they can change it.
Yup, because obviously pocket clerics are just as common as having level 60 characters lol. /sarcasm.

I don't think you realize you can have a pocket cleric that is level 49 for the 90% res and Complete Heal. Between four people it wouldn't be tough to level one up during the downtime between groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's now admitted that mage is better at royals and necro is better at fungi king. He's basically just clinging on to shaman being helpful for ixiblat and maybe like WW dragons? He's backed himself into a very tiny corner with his own words at this point. Would ANYBODY base their entire group makeup around what class makes more sense for Ixiblat? Or would you take a mage/necro that makes more sense in the vast majority of cases?

This thread really should be over. I know it won't end. But DSM literally backed himself into a tiny corner and the floor has fallen out beneath him. He's dangling by a thread and is going to continue to argue from there I'm sure.
I said all of this before, you just aren't reading, as usual. You simply have this strange straw man that I am obsessed with Shamans.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

DSM, it's over for you, my friend. You've been thoroughly defeated in this thread. Your fat, Ogre corpse lies here disgraced on page 224. Luckily for you, however, I am able to rez you back to the forum index with my pocket Cleric.

Tips appreciated.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said all of this before, you just aren't reading, as usual. You simply have this strange straw man that I am obsessed with Shamans.
Okay so we're in agreement with my previous post then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so we've established shaman has no place in this hypothetical best 4 man caster group outside of a niche mob or two. You keep bringing up Ixiblat which is one of very few situations where I think shaman might be helpful.

There ya have it boys and girls. If you want the best 4 man caster group for Ixiblat and maybe 1-2 other things put a shaman in there. For 1-60 and 95% of everything else at 60 pick something else.

End of thread.

Fire Giant

WALL.jpg
Old 09-09-2022, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Okay so we're in agreement with my previous post then?
No, because you didn't read my other points either lol. At least you agree you haven't been reading.

Necro/Enchanter/Mage/Shaman would allow you to do every camp imaginable, while hitting the 200 DPS breakpoint. It is really that simple. I would swap the Mage for another Enchanter if we weren't planning on doing Royals.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

DSM let me give you a run down on what happened here once I decided to put in a modicum of effort here (pro tip don’t expose your personality to an experienced attorney it will be used to manipulate you in the argument).

I’ve always though three ench plus cleric is the best. However I know you so I knew I couldn’t jump right to that because you’ll just refuse and it’s like talking to a wall.

So what I did instead was get you embroiled in the debate of mage vs shaman. For the record I still think mage is higher dps than shaman but that wasn’t the main goal of bringing it up today. You’ve shown your personality well enough that it’s easy to manipulate you into making my own argument for me because I know you can’t bear to be wrong so all I had to do was make a slightly wrong argument about the best choice for the 4th char and you would jump all over it and make my argument for me, which is exactly what you did.

I got you embroiled in the mage vs shaman debate so much that you just COULDNT WAIT TO PROVE ME WRONG by jumping in and saying three enchanters and a cleric are the best choice not mage enchanter enchanter cleric. What’s the phrase about winning the battle but losing the war?

I just got you to put my own argument into your mouth and adopt it as your own and admit that the shaman isn’t the best fourth group member option.

This was way too easy lol

Edit: and once you realized your mistake you started introducing this pocket cleric variable to try to save your own ass
Old 09-09-2022, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
No, because you didn't read my other points either lol. At least you agree you haven't been reading.

Necro/Enchanter/Mage/Shaman would allow you to do every camp imaginable, while hitting the 200 DPS breakpoint. It is really that simple.
You're excluding a cleric to heal the charm pet which would be tanking. You're going to heal it with torpor and slow the biggest source of your DPS? This is even dumber than your enc/enc/shm/clr argument you've been making for 700 posts.

Just fucking give it up already. You fucking lost. Get over it.