Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am worried about tribalism / polarization in the USA and also globally because nation-states can't survive it. Institutions break down and you no longer have a country. Then you have civil war, which is bloody and fruitless and only stabilizes you for a while before the next one.

So I'm worried about it because I would prefer not to have a bunch of P99 guys die in civil war.
Not gonna happen, they want to whine on Twitter but don’t want to get their hands dirty or their face caved in. Also, this is a phase. The emotional will be followed by the rational

See: romanticism fading into modernism
Old 05-25-2021, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly, legalizing prostitution would solve a lot of these problems. Most angry men are like Byue: not getting laid
Old 05-25-2021, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Think about it:

Our biggest problem is social media?

uh.. no the biggest problem is that we have a huge social pool, and havent thinned the heard it in 70 years.

Peace love and being miserable.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Being miserable is what we choose to do to ourselves, 100%. Look at rich people. Miserable. All the resources to not be, still are. It's a choice we make.

Thinning the herd = death. Death is to be avoided. If we want to be smart animals we need to figure out a way for human beings to be happy while also being alive. Otherwise, we're dumb.

I prefer lack of death when possible. Plus my kids are at perfect age to have a shit life if world war 3 happens.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not worried about the Chinese or polarization within America. There isn’t an alternative to democracy that makes any sense and logic always wins out in the end
Since when do groups like the Bolsheviks or Khmer Rouge need sense and logic? Sure they fall, eventually. However knowledge of their inevitable fall doesn't do a whole lot of good for the forgotten nameless millions they killed.

Danth
Old 05-25-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
havent thinned the heard it in 70 years.
Let's cull the people with terrible syntax and spelling first.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being miserable is what we choose to do to ourselves, 100%. Look at rich people. Miserable. All the resources to not be, still are. It's a choice we make.

Thinning the herd = death. Death is to be avoided. If we want to be smart animals we need to figure out a way for human beings to be happy while also being alive. Otherwise, we're dumb.

I prefer lack of death when possible. Plus my kids are at perfect age to have a shit life if world war 3 happens.
It might be genetically built into us that the only time we are not actually miserable is when regular people rebuild a new society from the ruin of the last, to be stronger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We're all out of new territory too so we can explore the new found lands and that's been keeping us going since the dawn of man. /yikes~
Old 05-25-2021, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since when do groups like the Bolsheviks or Khmer Rouge need sense and logic? Sure they fall, eventually. However knowledge of their inevitable fall doesn't do a whole lot of good for the forgotten nameless millions they killed.

Danth
Do we have anything analogous? We’re a long way from communists taking over anything. They’d have to get jobs first
Old 05-25-2021, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do we have anything analogous? We’re a long way from communists taking over anything. They’d have to get jobs first
I view the situation here as perhaps more akin to Russia circa 1900 than Russia circa 1917. There's trouble brewing, and there are definitely some groups in the wings who would turn very nasty if given half a chance--but it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't HAVE to happen. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Danth
Old 05-25-2021, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

liberal logic:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Closed Thread