Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Who makes the best products for the average human being?
Toyota (lexus) 13 34.21%
Ford 5 13.16%
GM (Cadillac buick chevy) 2 5.26%
Mopar (chrysler dodge jeep) 1 2.63%
Mercedes 1 2.63%
Volvo 1 2.63%
VW Group 0 0%
Honda (acura) 6 15.79%
Nissan 2 5.26%
Audi 0 0%
BMW 1 2.63%
Subaru 5 13.16%
Peugeot 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 09:30 AM
Banned

Yeah were not here to shit on peoples cars. Stop with the shitting on his whip. Quit acting like that bundle you just described. If you think about gay shit when you see a mini, that makes you gay, not the mini.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing wrong with Mini if you're in a city and have no need to haul much...plus BMW product.

Was thinking about getting a new truck this last year-end. Inventory has been a total mess with chip-sourcing issues on the gas V8s. I said to hell with it and kept the old company truck and bought a '21 C43 AMG instead.

Now I wish I had spent the little bit more for the C63 but its all good. My first Benz / AMG, starting at the bottom and will work my way up over the next couple of decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah were not here to shit on peoples cars. Stop with the shitting on his whip. Quit acting like that bundle you just described. If you think about gay shit when you see a mini, that makes you gay, not the mini.
Men get picked on for driving them, like a Prius, my fiance liked them. I have followed Project Binky from Bad Obsession Motorsports since 2014 but its a bit different. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2021, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You about to go off your meds again?
Old 05-25-2021, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

New F150 Lightning looks pretty legit.

I'm contemplating the move to solar. I wonder what I'd have to do in order to integrate charging a vehicle into the plan. Just more batteries? Or more everything?
Old 05-25-2021, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

A tesla battery wall pretty much.

I would go with a good normal car for now, and a solar setup whenever it makes sense including if it makes sense now.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

working your way up a car is a good thing.
Like, I would have preferred getting a normal mini and then getting the turbo because now I don't know what a normal mini is.

You will drive that mercedes and push its limit and once you work it up, you will love the upscale a lot more and actually know why you paid more because you will feel the difference.
Old 05-25-2021, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because now I don't know what a normal mini is.
Sure you do. It's what you have when you're cruising or driving normally without thrashing the thing. Unless you drive like a maniac you aren't normally using more than a fraction of your power. You described it as in the sub-ton class. Even expecting you're using metric tons, Minis are usually regarded as in the 2500 pound class. What weight reduction has it undergone?

Minis are alright as city cars, especially for dudes who don't have children, but I don't trust any gasoline engine that has forced induction for street usage. They never last as long as the same engine without the turbo or supercharger--I regard such vehicles as good candidates for leasing. To be sure, it's not like thirty years ago when a turbo might last 80K miles while the regular version could go 140K. It's more like the turbo will last 130 and the non-turbo, maybe 200. Depends on how much boost it runs at and how often the turbo kicks in. It may well outlast your desire to keep it.

Danth
Old 05-25-2021, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Just so everyone knows, Toyota is the best car manufacturer by all measures of what a car should be without debate when it comes to making vehicles that do vehicle things reliably.

Other companies have other virtues but they are not as good at being cars. Honda would be second best, followed by everyone else significantly further behind.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

I’d go Honda then Toyota but agreed