Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Orc

I am leaning towards two teams. With three teams its to easy to fall into a gross imbalance.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

gross imbalance, you should play red99
Old 07-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

2 teams is too boring.

Red99
Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 teams.

Keeps things interesting when it's not just us vs them, even though one team is almost certainly going to be vastly inferior.

Biggest reason for going teams is people get a built in community whom they can work with. You know who your allies are, and whom you are supposed to attack.

FFA attracts a certain kind of crowd, all of which we probably have absorbed up to this point. People don't attack others because they don't want to alienate them as potential allies, or don't want to exploit situations (killing low hp people and what not) because they feel like total assholes. However if those players are on opposing teams it would feel natural to attack them, it's what you're supposed to do.

I think teams have a larger potential playerbase then ffa.
It looks good on paper, but like i said back in this thread, hardcoded teams has no fluidity. If one team gets too powerful, like it looks like it was evil on live, then youre fucked, your servers dead and it becomes a PVE server, again.

What you say has value, but you make enemies alot less permanent by removing xp loss out of the equation.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

heartbrand will be making full sets of banded at nfp bank, 4pp per ac cuz hes a bastard.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks good on paper, but like i said back in this thread, guilds have no fluidity. If one guild gets too powerful, like red99, then youre fucked, your servers dead and it becomes a PVE server, again.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gross imbalance, you should play red99
That's exactly what I am getting at. Two teams gives everyone one clear opponent. There could be no dominant guild on a two team server because it is us vs them. It is very clear cut without adding a third team in the mix to destroy the balance of power.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks good on paper, but like i said back in this thread, hardcoded teams has no fluidity. If one team gets too powerful, like it looks like it was evil on live, then youre fucked, your servers dead and it becomes a PVE server, again.

What you say has value, but you make enemies alot less permanent by removing xp loss out of the equation.
I don't see why they couldn't penalize the "winning" team somehow, maybe by not allowing character creation on their team for x amount of time while the competition builds up.

Red99
Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

yup nilly hasnt taken 95% of the spawns in 2 years. 2 teams clearly thriving.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittens Romney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's exactly what I am getting at. Two teams gives everyone one clear opponent. There could be no dominant guild on a two team server because it is us vs them. It is very clear cut without adding a third team in the mix to destroy the balance of power.
That's not how it would work. Even number of teams does not equate to equal power on each.

Red99
Closed Thread