Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm new to swarm kiting and have noticed that when the zone population is high that my swarm can hit me before I see them or before my song hits them. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm lvl 24 kiting skellies in LOIO.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this for strafers or tap-turners? Its been 4-5 years now since I was leveling, but as a tap-turner I thought the circles got tighter as my speed increased. The circles eventually got so tight I had to stop equipping a drum and by ~40 I was even keeping myself slightly encumbered to slow Selos down, otherwise the circles were too tight for me to manage well enough to net positive experience.

My thoughts would be that while Selos gets faster every level, Jboots are a modifier, unaffected by levels. This should make the timing much easier to learn/manage, as it will not change between kites/levels. Once you've learned your groove, jboots allows you to keep it for all levels. The only thing to learn will be your swarm's hitboxes as you move from one type of mob or zone to the next.
Selos gets faster as you level yes. Jboots are a flat speed. I personally don't use any movement modifier to swarm kite.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Kobold

jboots would work, but borderline too slow i think. I always had lute selos up to 59 when tapping. I also would regularly be way encumbered 45+ and wouldn't bother deleting coin to fix it, because i liked the slightly slower speed for circles.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Kobold

Question, Its there a better way to pull then what i am doing.

Right now I am stopping for a second and casting one of my DD spells and continuing on. It takes a long time, i was wondering if there is a click item i can get aggro with i am lvl 18. Other then that i was going to go to OT and try my luck there, Since i got my new AOE spell
Old 01-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

shurikens
Old 01-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question, Its there a better way to pull then what i am doing.
I always just ran up and smacked it with melee then continued on. If I could time a run-by DD song, I'd do that, but usually timing was off with selo's ticks so I'd just smack it in the face and continue running. If I got stunned I was always far enough ahead of the pack that the rest of the mobs wouldn't kill me before I could run again.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Kobold

I did shurikens til 30 and then switched to the DD song with shurikens as a back up. When you start doing FV, you really don't need ot hit things anymore. They already hate you.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Skeleton

Yeah, FV, DL and BW you can use hate/social agro to help but I personally just got use to using the DD every where. I hated the short range of shurikens and the fact that they turn you in the mob direction. That slowed me down a ton more than the DD. The DD is very easy, once you get use to it you hardly slows you down even when you have to stop for a fraction of a second and the range makes it a ton easier to use. Not to mention. You will be pulling thousands of mobs in a levening session, so you get forced back to vendors to buy those things. Persoanlly, I'd say just do the DD, it's easier, safer and will be what you want to use when the higher level mobs will rape your hp if your trying to get in too close.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

I can't imagine pulling burning woods with song. Shurikens are so much faster to tag with and readily available nearby to most pull locations. Especially dealing with any non social skele's or power leveling.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Shurikens are more practical for pulling fast, but when you have to go get new ones and lose the stinking zone because some other bard comes in I can't see shrikes being better. I live by these 4 rules in burning wood:

Punch like no one is watching
Sit like no one will notice you
Pull with chants like they'll never get old
Turn off /role /anon
Closed Thread