Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-03-2022, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, Stem Cells. I work with those!

Too soon?
Stem cells and embryonic stem cells are not the same thing, for starters, but you're just throwing up a red herring.

Even stem cells taken from embryos are fine; the question is in what manner were the embryos lost?
Old 05-03-2022, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even stem cells taken from embryos are fine; the question is in what manner were the embryos lost?
Christopher Reeve (paralyzed Superman actor) says stem cells are hope

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 05-03-2022, 06:31 PM
Banned

Old 05-03-2022, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Carlin's abortion bit is just an unfunny partisan political dig about how ohhh republicans are bad!

He still doesn't make any kind of compelling point in favor of chopping up your healthy 6 month old baby and flushing it down the toilet and\or throwing it in the garbage, sorry.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree in that my empathy goes up linearly backwards from whatever the max human age is to embryo

Because if we are considering a death, it’s about the max lost life potential

A 110 year old who dies lost no years, they lived far past the human average

A 40 year old who suddenly dies lost out on the second half of their life

A 10 year old who suddenly dies lost out on like 80% of their life

A newborn who dies of CIDS lost out on their entire life

And, let’s use a miscarriage, a baby who dies due to miscarriage lost out on more potential life than any of those above

Now that’s empathy for the death. Not for the parent. Because obviously I am going to have slightly more empathy for a parent who loses a baby or a 10 year old than one who suffers a miscarriage (although obviously I’ll still have it for this) because they had time to become more attached to the child and so their hurt will be deeper

But a lot of Dems, it seems their empathy goes up linearly backwards from max human age down to 1 day old and stops there
Last edited by unsunghero; 05-03-2022 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-03-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But a lot of Dems, it seems their empathy goes up linearly backwards from max human age down to 1 day old and stops there
Style guide recommends linearly, directly, and inversely.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

I like dogs more than most people a fetus is the best a person can be, then once they start talking they wont shutup.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

I'm personally happy to be alive, even though life is often very hard and tragic. Glad George Carlin wasn't able to decide for me ahead of time that I shouldn't exist to own the evil republicans.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like dogs more than most people a fetus is the best a person can be, then once they start talking they wont shutup.
Yeah not a fan of babies at all. Most are ugly, loud, constantly leaking fluids, and I worry about fucking up holding one

Little kids are smelly, dirty, also loud, destructive, and full of contagious sicknesses they are picking up from all the other smelly dirty kids at school

My niche to hang out with of all child ages is teens. Well-adjusted teens who aren’t constantly trying to be defiant. Like a teen who’s down to just sit and play video games but isn’t going to insist it be Fortnite and freak the F out when he loses
Old 05-03-2022, 07:18 PM
Banned

Giant megalithic robots programmed to enforce the 10 commands, commandments. Are where it's at.

Anything less is just imitation.