Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying most of the people I am talking about post here?
Yep, emu crowd is pretty terrible as far as community goes. Forums are even worse; you'd probably have a way better experience with the server just participating in game rather than visiting the forums. It's pretty much like this on every 'free2play' server.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got a guy sticking up for you in this thread saying your a chill guy. From what I have noticed of you in game and your two posts here contradicts that. Just saying. FYI.
Oh really? And what would i have done in-game that would qualify me as an asshat?

I hate people using the word fag, its a pet peeve of mine, its like racist people, i cant stand it, like fingernails on a chalkboard. So i gave you a little nudge, in the rant and flame forum. If im an "asshat" for that, so be it.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Vyal that isn’t a very good example and if anything speaks volumes for Rogeans integrity. Him accepting detonations for in-game items would ruin the creditability this server has, he would be like the douche that runs the EZ server, hey for 200 bucks I’ll give you a ring of 100. Yeah how cool is that, to spend real life money to be the most elite guy on a game?

PS. GM’s are doing an awesome job still to this date IMO, As everyone has already said they are doing this for FREE get off their sacks!!!

Except I have to disagree with Nilbog about the Lost finale still, I’ve watched it 3 times, understand it much better now, but still don’t care for it, even though the show was awesome. IDK what I wanted to happen, but I expected something else! <3 Nilbog if you have any other shows you want to discuss hit me up, I’m always down to have a good back and forth.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Banned

You people dont have much experience in MMOs if you call this community bad... my WoW server had jew shower jokes, constant bullying, ive played Darkfall where the community was 100 times worse than here... perma-flaming in the forums, oh-im-so-hardcore-go-back-to-wow argument used in every sauce, you name it.

Just a couple of examples off the top of my head, ninik the cleric who rezzed people for free, clerics that move around to rez for no fixed prices, people getting buffed in EC on a regular basis, me rescuing some random noob in the Najena jail cells, porting for CRs all the time. If youre gonna criticize, do it for something real, if youre making phony claims people are gonna point and laugh, thats not being an asshat.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people dont have much experience in MMOs if you call this community bad... my WoW server had jew shower jokes, constant bullying, ive played Darkfall where the community was 100 times worse than here... perma-flaming in the forums.
PvP games/servers and unofficial servers tend to attract the scum of the gaming world. Ragers, griefers, "bullies", hackers, exploiters, those banned on Live servers, immature kids too young to pay for the real deal, you name it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the trend.

Darkfall = PvP Game = TERRIBLE community
WoW = PvP servers are 500x worse than PvE/RP realms in terms of community.

LoTRO = PvE/P2P game, one of the best communities out there.
EQLive = PvE/P2P game, used to have a great community before MQ became widespread. Still does to some extent.
EQ2 = PvE/RP servers, amazing community.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP games/servers and unofficial servers tend to attract the scum of the gaming world. Ragers, griefers, "bullies", hackers, exploiters, those banned on Live servers, immature kids too young to pay for the real deal, you name it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the trend.

EQLive = PvE/P2P game, used to have a great community before MQ became widespread. Still does to some extent.
Thats unfortunatly the case most of the times i think, i play the game Heroes of Newerth and the community is just dumb as fuck, its all about e-peenery.

But take eve online though, thats the only MMO ive seen, and ive played dozens of AAA titles, where there are guilds stricly dedicated to making noobs learn the game. Granted the complexity of eve naturally helps spawn these kind of guilds, but still, its a hardcore PVP game, and there are tons of players dedicated to helping others. For example in my 00 space corporations, there was weekly courses on how to be a fleet commander, thats one of the funnest experiences ive had in a MMO, to watch 40 people getting schooled like that. You have players that just camp the help channel to answer questions noobs might have.

So i think in general youre right, but not always the case. Its certainly not the case on this server, in my opinion. Ive seen more friendly/laid back people than the other way around.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned

Your post makes me want to check out Eve. Why'd you quit?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Banned

I would like to respond to the OP's question with another question.

Why are there so many asshats in the real world?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

If you are judging by the posts in rants and flames, any community is going ot be full of asshats. I personally consider rants and flames a game in and off itself.

I just started playing a few weeks back, but I have found nothing but extremely helpful people here in game. I met one jerk who started KSing my low level group in EC because someone thought he needed help and killed a lioness 30 minutes earlier (true story -- he must of logged out and ran his main over). He then apologized right after and explained he was mad at some other high level then buffed us to make up for killing three mobs. Of course, I haven't made it to high levels where the most contention comes from, but I judge by how helpful people are to low levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Darkfall, had a great community if you weren't a carebear. It was a full loot sandbox pvp game. If you expected everyone to be nice and kind, you are a fool. If you expected enemies around every corner and didn't cry after getting ganked, you could meet a lot of cool people.

People treated enemies like enemies and friends like friends. I dunno, the community was pretty good when you got into it. PvP is going to cause strife among enemies, but thats how it goes. I never saw drama in it I didn't see in EQLive.

WoW is the garbage dump of MMOs. Its mostly little bratty kids who want instant gratification. The playerbase is what killed that game for me. Otherwise it could have been kind of fun.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are judging by the posts in rants and flames, any community is going ot be full of asshats. I personally consider rants and flames a game in and off itself.

I just started playing a few weeks back, but I have found nothing but extremely helpful people here in game. I met one jerk who started KSing my low level group in EC because someone thought he needed help and killed a lioness 30 minutes earlier (true story -- he must of logged out and ran his main over). He then apologized right after and explained he was mad at some other high level then buffed us to make up for killing three mobs. Of course, I haven't made it to high levels where the most contention comes from, but I judge by how helpful people are to low levels.
I'd say the community here is very good, and I've been around to witness a lot of it. I've probably given away 5-8k worth of items and money to newbies, but I always find it funny when I go to give a newbie 30p, and he goes "someone else just gave me 50p, I'm good, find another newbie to give it to." I constantly talk to low levels who have had some higher level help them out for free, often just by showing up and handing things out.

The majority of the bad community here comes from so many players with a very good knowledge of the game all wanting to do end game stuff, and kicking each other in the nuts to get what they want. I bet you before Kunark comes out we have over 6 guilds with the player base to kill any boss in the game, but probably only a couple with the ability to *camp* or *race* for a mob. I've always tried to be friends with everyone in every guild, and I find it astonishing the hatred I see between guilds.
Closed Thread